• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by tdd5024

1. Fuel tank leak

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, Haven’t posted for a while, and I couldn’t find anything similar to the problem that I’m having, so I figured I would see if anyone has any recommendations. I have a 97 4.0 that I bought early last year. I’ve fixed a few things on it to get it running and went to...
  2. Parking Lamp Circuit Parisitic Draw

@PanteraGT5S and @franklin2 I am all ears now. I sincerely apologize for wasting your time and mine and I am open to any recommendations you have. The draw was typical for a resting vehicle at 0.01 after I did all of the above steps. My battery was dead after two weeks of sitting though, so I am...
  3. Unknown ports/hoses

Replaced the vacuum hose to the black ball and now I have air movement! Although it is only AC and the heat is not working… so I’ll have to do some troubleshooting there. Thanks for the help!
  4. Parking Lamp Circuit Parisitic Draw

I’ve made some progress, but I need some more information if anyone has any advice. I unplugged the GEM and found that the draw goes away completely. My next step was to try a replacement, so I ordered one that came in this past weekend. Swapped it out and plugged it in to find that the draw has...
  5. Parking Lamp Circuit Parisitic Draw

@alwaysFlOoReD, I waited 45 minutes before I started the tests. I just did a little bit more troubleshooting and the draw goes away when I pull fuse #25 in the cab. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the things on that circuit?
  6. Unknown ports/hoses

Thank you for the reply @RonD! I was able to order and replace the DPFE sensor since mine had one of the ports broken off. Luckily I ordered two exhaust hoses to replace both since I ended up breaking the one that I had as I was removing it. Hardest part was getting the hoses onto the ports on...
  7. Parking Lamp Circuit Parisitic Draw

Thank you for your replies @franklin2 and @PanteraGT5S. I'm not convinced that this is a battery issue just yet, but I did some troublshooting based on the diagrams above. After putting the engine bay fuse #8 back in and making sure the doors were "closed" by turning the latches I pulled mini...
  8. Unknown ports/hoses

My mistake. Reuploaded the pics. Hopefully this one works.
  9. Climate control stuck in defrost/floor position

fastpakr, thanks for the speedy reply. Yes, I do think 1/8" should work fine. My only concern was that the ends of the line have some bulk to them and may have other components that a straight line might not have.
  10. Hunting Truck

Hello All, I am located in GA and purchased a 1997 4.0 last year with the hopes of using it as a hunting truck. Currently I venture into the woods with a 2012 TDI VW Jetta and I've been trying to avoid doing that since it is my daily driver and stuffing a deer into the trunk gets some funny...
  11. Unknown ports/hoses

Good Evening All, If this is in the wrong forum please let me know. I have a 97 4.0 with a hose that leads to nowhere and two ports that I think are missing a hose. I've uploaded pictures... the first has two colors - the blue is the beginning and ending of one hose. The red is where I think...
  12. Climate control stuck in defrost/floor position

Resurrecting this post from the dead since I am having the same issue. My vacuum line to the engine snapped in the middle and I've been looking for a replacement all over the internet the past two days. Have not had any luck so far. Anyone have any idea for where to find the right size vacuum...
  13. Parking Lamp Circuit Parisitic Draw

Good Evening All, New (to me!) ranger owner here, doing some DIY work to get everything running correctly. It's a 97 4.0 with about 245,000 miles and there has not been much done in terms of aftermarket parts aside from an updated radio. I recently changed out the fuel filter and returned to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad