• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by tangoyankee

1. tangoyankee

95 B4000 diff swap 3.23 open to 3.73 L/S

1995 B4000 4.0l 4x4 5 spd I need info and wisdom from the experienced: I want to upgrade my 1995 b4000- differentials from 3.23 open to 3.73 l/s. My front axle is a Dana 35. I do not want to buy new. I want to snag used replacements. 1. Do I have to replace the entire axle / housing...
  2. tangoyankee

95 OHV TO later model SOHC. Who can help, with details?

vacuum is steady at idle and at 2000 rpm. the only code I have is 1443 (evaporative system) It seems to have gained some or all of its pep and power back as the learning continues. It is pretty much the same as it was before I tore it down. Although I was expecting a noticeable increase with...
  3. tangoyankee

I had not run the heater previously. So I did that and then Bled the air out . It is running at 197-203deg all the time now.
  4. tangoyankee

No pinging. I did not remove the water pump. and I have wondered about debris or gunk from lower end limiting circulation. also I have what I think is a bleeder cap on my top heater hose. So now I'm wondering if I have an air lock or air in the system. I may try that next.
  5. tangoyankee

It has probably travelled about 50mi. But I think its still learning because although it starts right up and runs smooth, it doesn't seem to have as much power as before the repair. Which is the opposite of what I expected.
  6. tangoyankee

Well RonD, I took your advice and pulled the heads. (Getting exhaust manifold bolts out without breaking any was no joke) Besides leaking coolant out of the head gasket above cylinder 4, the valves were leaky, and one of the heads was cracked between intake and exhaust valve. So ended up with...
  7. tangoyankee

I have a 95 b4000 4x4 5spd. that I have put a lot of maintenance into through the years. I love it and it has served me well. The engine has between 200k-300k on it; ( the speedo/odo did not work for 19 yrs) Now I need to change head gaskets. I'm a little concerned with this much mileage what...
  8. tangoyankee

1995 B4000 Unique Hvac problem

That all sounds reasonable and explains every symptom. Thank you!!!! So the fix may be to charge the A/C system?
  9. tangoyankee

Interesting.... I'll check. Would that block all air from getting through? And what would be the fix?
  10. tangoyankee

This one has me totally stumped: All modes of my hvac work great... for about 30 minutes. Blows Cold a/c, or great heat. Vent, floor, and defrost all operate as designed .... for about 30 minutes. AND THEN after about 30 minutes it is as if all intake air is shutoff. During these times, almost...
  11. tangoyankee

My Tach is not accurate. 95 B4000 4.0 4x4

Just a final note on this chapter of the Tach related issue. I could not find any wiring issue. It is a 95 instrument panel. So I bought a Motormeter 3 3/8" tach that also has a digital temp and oil pressure readout at the bottom. It was a perfect fit in front of the existing tach. Thanks...
  12. tangoyankee

Ranger till I die

When my b4000 was not blowing hot air, I disconnected the heater core and flushed it both ways with the garden hose. A bunch of black crap came out and it has worked fine since then.
  13. tangoyankee

Thank you! I have lots of wiring diagrams but none as clear as these for the inst panel. Thank you so much
  14. tangoyankee

Thanks I'll check that wiring
  15. tangoyankee

The engine was swapped out with a previous owner. Circa 1999-2000.( a ton of stuff was screwed up. Long story, but I have systematically fixed everything but this tach. I do not know what year the engine is. But all wiring. Vacuum, Egr, and any other thing I have looked up has matched using...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad