• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by tanbuddy

1. tanbuddy

d 60 kingpin

I just got done swapping a kingpin d 60 into my truck. A new project, 1992 f250 diesel 5 speed. HAd the dually front end i converted to srw front with. HAd to swap in a 4.10 10.25 rear to match. Now it needs some paint, and a few little things and it should be good to go. I have some extra...
  2. tanbuddy

d 60

thanks ill keep you in mind if i cant find one locally:headbang:
  3. tanbuddy

d 60

I got a kingpin dana 60 but its out of a dually truck. Can i grab the hub assembly off a dana 50 ttb truck and put it on the 60 spindle to make a srw front end?
  4. tanbuddy

spring codes

Im trying to come up with a list of different spring codes and there weight ratings. If anyone can post these numbers for me and tell the year truck that would be cool.:icon_cheers: 89 ranger (dana 28/7.5') front: E3 2615 lbs Rear: F 2570 lbs (4 leaf) 4760 gvw
  5. tanbuddy

lights wont shut off

2000 explorer, when i shut the switch off for the lights, they remain on for a while. It just started doing this recently. Is there an easy common fix for this or could it be the switch went bad? thanks 4 any ideas
  6. tanbuddy

recirc

When the ac is put in the max mode, I know it recirculates the air from in the cab, but where is the intake located for the max setting? Does it get sucked in at your feet and then blown back out through the vent? Also what causes the idle to jump up when the compressor engages? IS it the load...
  7. tanbuddy

front suspension max weight

I dont know if this should be under the axle forum or this one. But what is the max weight capacity of the dana 28 axle, and the front end of a 2nd gen in general. My door sticker gives me 26xx lbs, and with my plow on my front end is closer to 2800 lbs.
  8. tanbuddy

hubs locked on 1 side

Would it be bad for the front diff if only 1 hub was locked in and the other side open? It would only be driven a few miles like this I had a bad weekend plowing snow with the old truck
  9. tanbuddy

wheel bearing play

I put new wheel bearings in my truck, tightened them to spec, but i still have a decent amoutn of play in the tire. I can shake the top of the tire in and out at least a 1/2 inch. How much play is ok? I know the ball joints are good on it
  10. tanbuddy

alignment bushigns

On a dana 28, do i need to remove the ball joint to remove the alignemnt bushing? I havent had it apart in a few years and i forget exactly how it went together, thanks.
  11. tanbuddy

general trans questions

Does the a4ld trans ever lock up the torque converter lock up under wot? I test drove one with a 4r55e and that one did. Also, do any trannies use a ground control for the overdrive like the a4ld d does? Thanks:icon_thumby:
  12. tanbuddy

dana 44

Wow at that point it might be easier to just get a the 3/4 ton d 44 or d 50 on leafs and mount up some leaf mounts. Ill see how involved i want to get with this.
  13. tanbuddy

dana 44

Ok i should have cleared this up a little more. I have a d44 ttb out of a bronco, which i might put into a 96 f250 2wd. That swap looks a lot easier than trying to mount up leafs and get a 3/4 ton d44. Im not worried about the strength, because its a reg cab with a 351, so some f150s were most...
  14. tanbuddy

dana 44

Can you get a 8 lug rotor anywhere for a dana 44? I thought i remembered early 80s f 250s came with one but i cant find it anywhere
  15. tanbuddy

rear wiper

Is there a common issue with the rear washer on explorers? The wiper works but washer is a no go. thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad