• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by tahiti429

1. 97 5.0 Explorer to 96 4.0 ranger swap complete. Battery not charging.

So I've finally finished my Expo swap and it came together nicely. It runs great other than a small oil leak. The only problem I'm having is the battery is not charging. I have a brand new battery and alternator and still no dice. I saw a post on here a few years ago about how to adapt the...
  2. CA: Looking for someone to talk to about BAR approved Engine change/swap process

Ok. im almost done. I started my expo swapped ranger for the first time last night. Im sure the trick or treaters in my neighborhood thought what the hell is making all that noise. I was shocked when it fired right up. I still have quite a few issues that need attention. The drive shaft and...
  3. CA: Looking for someone to talk to about BAR approved Engine change/swap process

I have been really busy with other stuff. Im about 90% done with my swap. still need to have a driveshaft made and exhaust done.
  4. CA: Looking for someone to talk to about BAR approved Engine change/swap process

Well I tore it down. I am very happy with what i found. Looks like someone was doing regular maintenance on this Expo because the inside was nice and clean. Standard rods, mains and bores. Unmolested. I did however snap 3 bolts on the water pump and front cover. I'm going to put new rods, mains...
  5. CA: Looking for someone to talk to about BAR approved Engine change/swap process

I bought a donor. A 2 wheel drive 1997 Explorer Limited TJ edition. Picked it up for $700 on OfferUp. 275k miles on the clock. No mechanical issues when i bought it except for a miss (roasted plug wire) and an exhaust leak. The previous owner said the transmission was rebuilt about a year ago...
  6. CA: Looking for someone to talk to about BAR approved Engine change/swap process

I have a question. I know the smog ref requires the donor vehicle to the same age or newer than the recipient vehicle. Is that refer to the model year or the actual manufacture date? Can you legally swap an early Explorer into a late Ranger same model year? I am planning the 5.0 explorer to...
  7. 95 4.0 Ranger to 99 Explorer tranny swap

I have a 1995 Ranger with a 4.0 and the original M5OD-R1, 5 speed manual tranny with 250k + miles on the clock. Needless to say the tranny is on its last leg. I bought a transmission at the junk yard out of a 99 Explorer sport with 115 k and thought I was in good shape untill I noticed that...
  8. O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction, 95 OHV 4.0

Hey guys, I am having a problem with the O2 sensors on my 95 Ranger with a OHV 4.0 with a manual transmission. The CEL has been coming on and i keep getting the codes P1443, P0135, and P0155. The codes are O2 sensor malfunction bank 1, 2 and manufacturer emission control malfunction. I have...
  9. SOHC 4.0 5 speed in an OHV 4.0 ?

Has anyone swapped a SOHC 5 speed in place of an OHV 5 speed? The research I have done says all of the bolt holes line up except for one. Is it possible to run the later model tranny in an older Ranger? I have found a 5 speed from a wrecked 2002 Ranger with 60,000 miles and I want to put in my...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad