• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by swingjunkie

1. 1985 2.3l efi

Installing new injectors and cleaning the EGR port Need torque specs for reasembly 1) Upper intake to lowere intake 2) throttle body to upper intake 3) EGR valve to upper intake Cheers Carl
  2. 85 Ranger - 2WD - brakes won't bleed

1985 project truck 47k miles. I was having a slight shutter when breaking so I pulled the front calipers to clean and lubricate the brakes. I did not brake the lines, just collapsed the piston. After reinstallation I had a very soft pedal. Before compressing the pistons I had removed...
  3. EGR position sensor test - code 31

1985 2.3L EFI Engine code 31 - EGR Valve Control Sensor Fault I just replaced the EGR valve in an attempt to clear this code. I did not replace the EGR position sensor. This was a fail, I still have the code 31. I guess my next step would be to replace the sensor but I'd like to be sure I...
  4. 1985 Ranger - Valve Spring Compression Tool

I've concluded the valve seals in my Ranger must be replaced. I'm going to do this two weeks out but need this special tool to do the job. For specialty tool T74P-6565-A here is a link http://*******.com/Special-Valve-Spring-Tool Cheapest one I could find. I hate to buy it for a one...
  5. 1985 2.3L Compression check

The sticky thread at the beginning of this forum does not provide the nominal compression for this engine. Just tested mine with the following results Dry Test Cyl = PSI 1=165 2=160 3=158 4=175 Wet Test Cyl = PSI 1=260 2=270 3=265 4=250 I need some specs to tell me if these are in range...
  6. Fuel Line Component - What is it?

1985 Ford Ranger - 2.3 EFI. Debugging low fuel pressure. This component is inline between the high pressure fuel pump out and the fuel rail on the manifold. It is not shown in the manuals that I have. See the attached photo. I would guess a check valve, but I can't find any info. Anybody...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad