• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Suzonda

1. Suzonda

2.3L ('83-'97) 1996 B2300 Bipolar MAF

Found the problem. It had an aftermarket MAF on it (Plus my OBDII scanner was really screwy) and it wasn't reading properly. Replaced the MAF with a factory one, it did the same thing. So I pulled the loom off and chased wires, come to find out the insulation down by the head was melted and was...
  2. Suzonda

2.3L ('83-'97) 2.3 Really bad gas mileage

Brand new Ford factory exhaust Manifold back. I don't do exhaust mods if vehicle doesn't need it or if I care about vehicle, especially a kid being involved. My history with 2.3 rangers is they need the backpressure to run 100%. And I've had 6 of them. 3.0 and 4.0 don't really care as much on...
  3. Suzonda

2.3L ('83-'97) 2.3 Really bad gas mileage

When I got my 1996 2.3 5spd 2wd in Oct it got about 25-27mpg. Over the past few months it regressed to 6.2mpg. After replacing the ENTIRE fuel system, Intake sensors, and finally swapping the head out to a less... broken one it got back up to about 17mpg. Still NO power but I'll take it over...
  4. Suzonda

The sending unit and pump are Delphi (As stated above) The fuel trims were not read by my scanner or the Innova scanner that OReilly has. (2 dashes = No signal = Severe malfunction in OBDII circuit or PCM) Fuel pressure is right around 40psi. The old pump only pushed about 28-30psi (Hence the...
  5. Suzonda

1996 Mazda B2300 2wd 5spd, 4PIN MAF. So over the past week I've noticed my lack of power has turned into NO power. (I can't even get above 64mph on highway in 4th, 5th isn't even an option). So I plugged in my Foxwell scan tool, it came up with a P0172 code, cleared it, then truck backfired to...
  6. Suzonda

Mercury Monterey 4.2 to '96 Mazda B-Series

Alright. I know the 4.2 has been discussed soooo many times on this page but this is the only engine that's free to me to work with. I have a wrecked '04 Mercury Monterey that has the 4.2 Canadian Essex V6 that was freshly rebuilt about 8k ago. Thing is I haven't seen a thread that's specific to...
  7. Suzonda

'96 B2300 Odometer Gone Bipolar

So I switched out the interior from a '95 B2300 4x4 to a '96 B2300 2x4, including the gauge cluster. The old odometer was basically destroyed. The new one worked for the first 14mi then stopped altogether, then after I hit a bump it started to work but it was spinning at about 3x the speed it...
  8. Suzonda

'96 B2300 Speedo Problem

So after fiddle faddling with the Odometer and getting that working, I noticed there was a dead spot in my speedometer signal. Between 28-45 it never displays correctly, either too much or no enough speed, but outside those speeds it's dead on. Now I noticed a previous owner swapped the rear...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad