• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by sun417

1. Fly in the soup

I have a 97 Ford ranger 4x4 with a 4.0 I have been running e-85 all summer in the thing. No problems went from 20-21 hwy to about 17-18 hwy rest about the same. Today I pulled up to the pump for my E-85 $2.69 gal and the attendant came out and told me EPA said he was not allowed to turn pump...
  2. 4.0 engine switch

I have a 97 ford ranger xlt 4x4 5 speed manual tranny with a sick 4.0 in it. I was wondering if anyone knows if I can drop a 4 cylinder in it without any trouble. Bell housing match etc. If so which year and engine would it be? Oh it has a hydralic clutch if that make any diff. Thanks in advance...
  3. Engine swap

I have a 97 ford ranger xlt 4x4 5 speed manual tranny with a sick 4.0 in it. I was wondering if anyone knows if I can drop a 4 cylinder in it without any trouble. Bell housing match etc. If so which year and engine would it be? Oh it has a hydralic clutch if that make any diff. Thanks in...
  4. Things to make 4.0 alchol efficient

I know higher compression is one. In rebuilt plan to have some taken off the heads. what else will help make this thing a real alchol burner. I read that if mods are made mpg will be same or better on alchol even though slower burn than gas. Advance timeing would help I think. Give me some...
  5. propane fuel

I have a 1997 Ford Ranger 4.0 fi. I was reading about a conversion to propane, natural gas or methane. It all sounds straight forward and propane is alot cheaper thean gas or e-85. The instructions are for a carborator engine and of course I have fuel injection. Could I not just hook up on...
  6. Head gasket I think

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have a fouled out #2 sparkplug and it appears to be coolant and oil on it. I think I have to replace a head gasket just wondering how much work this would be for someone who has never worked on a fuel injected...
  7. Head Gasket 4.0 1987 Ranger 4x4

I have a fouled out #2 sparkplug and it appears to be coolant and oil on it. I think I have to replace a head gasket just wondering how much work this would be for someone who has never worked on a fuel injected vehicle or computer. Last time I worked on a car was my falcon back in 70. Plan to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad