• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by strugbus

1. strugbus

Woah Black Betty, the Danger Ranger!

Does anyone have any input on tires and clearances? I have big 3-4" swollen fiberglass fenders up front, but the rear fenders are stock. I'll be adding the lift block from the 4x4 and am planning to use 1-2" wheel spacers to give me a bit more stance and backspace. That should give me a...
  2. strugbus

I think a shakedown trip may happen this weekend, do an overnight camping trip to get an idea of how she actually feels as a sleeping platform before I do electrical & plumbing. We got side furring strips into the shell and latches for the cabinets installed. I've been using her a lot more...
  3. strugbus

Yes, they're all hinged with Piano hinges. My girlfriend has had so much fun doing this she wants to do more. If anyone else is near Santa Maria CA we'll be looking for more toys to build afterward. My skoolie project is still a ways off.
  4. strugbus

So I did get it aligned and it wasn't a big deal at all. They didn't have any issues. I'll attach a before and then the after pics of the trim. I didn't trim it myself but basically the edge of the lip was binding. It was actually bad enough we couldn't get the spindle on without the trim, it...
  5. strugbus

It did not. They don't seem to have an issues though. I do.... Ok more work has been done! The driver side wheel speed sensor wasn't fully tight and was tripping the ABS a couple turns with the wrench and all good. We got more woodworking done on the rear and besides some latches and minor...
  6. strugbus

Oooh, I happen to have a pre 2008 4x4 ranger in my driveway...
  7. strugbus

I'm not dead yet! Things have been progressing... I went to my good friend Kelly's for assistance getting the lift and new suspension installed. She's amazing and has her name in the Bonneville record books as the mechanic on a record setting team. I don't think it to her 10 minutes to get...
  8. strugbus

I still have the motor and nobody has asked for it. I need to see what the code on my 2.3 is...

I still have the motor and nobody has asked for it. I need to see what the code on my 2.3 is before I can seriously consider selling the 4.0. I believe the donor has 173k miles on it. It starts and runs good, no idea if there's any damage from the donor's collision. I'm totally open to offers...
  9. strugbus

Ok, so the woodworking is pretty much done! Sunday ended up being a super long day. We wanted to go ride the mountain bikes but ended up burning the daylight on the faucet install. Allie had the idea that she could build a pivot for a stow away faucet that would use the cabinet top to lock into...
  10. strugbus

Lil gif of the faucet in action. Gf modeling it.
  11. strugbus

So! We got a lot done today! I'll go into more details when I have more time. :)
  12. strugbus

One of the big reasons for the higher drawers and deck was storage. My goal is to put all of my climbing and cycling gear in the truck and leave it there permanently. The drawers being so high gives me room to slide my climbing pack and bike stand up underneath them. I'm I've found a lock for...
  13. strugbus

Water tank, heater and solar too... I assumed you wanted the giant salt crystals? 😉
  14. strugbus

Mine are as high as they are because of the refrigerator being that tall...
  15. strugbus

Yeah, you can get them on eBay and Amazon. I think I got them for like $78 for 2 pairs. They're 250lbs each and for the price I'm pretty happy. They're soft close too and the tailgate doesn't give them any wiggle room when it's all closed up.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad