• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Strieg

1. Performance idea...

Anyone ever thought or tried to use WMI on these?
  2. Trans swap ANSWERS---A4LD toTK5

Wrapping up this swap, gonna be posting some of the specifics, as well as some of the snags I ran into along the way. If anyone needs info on this now, hmu
  3. Another Trans swap question

So my a4ld blew up again a couple months back, I picked up A TK-5 speed today to swap in, and noticed its a couple inches shorter than the auto. Looked in the tech manuals and it mentions when swap to the TK I'll need a shorter front DS and longer rear DS anyone have any part numbers or ideas? I...
  4. Performance 2.9

ok so im curious on Members feedback. what have we done to gain performance out of the 2.9? ive read the tech library, and done research, and there seems to be a lot of 'theoretical' mods, but out of our nearly 80,000 members, no one as tried these? I doubt it. so anything and everything! lets...
  5. install 2nd gas tank

thought this was the best place to post... thinking about installing the 2nd gas tank in my ranger, since I have the tiny 14 gal tank. thoughts?
  6. A4LD to manual

I read the tech guides on the swaps, planning on swapping this weekend, or at least gettin to the junkyard for some parts... Only thing I didn't see in the guides was on the engine comp. I have a 86 2.9, will it need to be changed out? For any year tranny I get? Since I don't have the new Trans...
  7. 50% off parts

Hey for the guys who use Pick-Your-Part theyre havin a 50% off all parts the 7-10
  8. Another trans swap question

so need to get rid of my A4LD. Keep blowin my front seal. But I'm lookin for some advice on what trans to go with, pretty much what will swap in easiest and have greater reliability than my A4LD. I want an M5OD but this I'm kinda strapped for cash and there's quite a few parts I'd have to...
  9. M5OD question

86 4x4 2.9 Have an a4ld now. Want the m5od. The question Will transfer case bolt up
  10. Back to TRS

Hey guys well I'm back, kept my truck. So the main reason I was gonna get rid of it was the reliability of the transmission. Kept blowin the front seal. So I want to swap it for a MT. So I'm lookin for some help, any would be great.
  11. Back on TRS

Hey guys well I'm back, kept my truck. So the main reason I was gonna get rid of it was the reliability of the transmission. Kept blowin the front seal. So I want to swap it for a MT. So I'm lookin for some help, any would be great.
  12. I'm afraid it's that time

I'm Gettin rid of my ranger. It's just costing too much. The damn front seal blew *again* the second time in two months. And with rising gas.... I just can't afford to keep up all the little things. That and it's still not running right. Sucks cause I really like my truck and rangers in general...
  13. 97 into 86

Got seats today from a 97 STD cab, won't fit my 86 ext cab. Tried swapping tracks but apparently I'm doin somethin wrong cuz i can't figure this out. How can I make these work???
  14. New issue! 

Ok so now truck is surging in lower rpms (under 2000) and above feels like a slight miss. But at it's idling really high! Around 1300!
  15. Anyone need a starter?

I have a spare and no need for it. Along with a few other misc parts... Yes it works I just had it tested today at vatozone.... Just don't need it and they said they wouldn't give 2 cores haha

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad