• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Strelok

1. Second Fuel Tank in a Ranger

I've been toying with the idea of adding a second tank to my Ranger. I've been reading a few threads about it but they're not very informative. It seems like there was a second tank option for the Ranger at one point but it's rare to find, so a Bronco 2 tank is probably my best bet. It hangs...
  2. Odd surging issue

I found a ground wire dangling. Other end goes to the same bolt on the frame that the battery goes to. I couldn't find anything that it could have came from other than the block so I bolted it to the timing cover. Could a bad block ground have caused my weird electricals?
  3. Odd surging issue

Another update, I found a bit of spring/wire stuck in the IAC that could have been causing my high idle. Appears to be a broken bit of the spring inside the intake tube. Idle is normal but everything else is still happening.
  4. Odd surging issue

Been awhile but I've actually worked on this now. Checked the fuel pressure: 35 primed, 35 driving Sounds okay to me I've discovered that the surging only happens when the engine is hot, over a certain RPM. It gets worse the higher the revs get until it actually prevents the truck from...
  5. Can anyone identify this canopy?

That's awesome. Is yours the same color with the same graphic on top? I'd love to see some pics so I can compare. I bought it btw
  6. Can anyone identify this canopy?

camp·er /ˈkampər/ noun 1. a person who spends a vacation in a tent or camp. "the site offers washing facilities for campers" 2. BRITISH a large motor vehicle with facilities for sleeping and cooking while camping. Guess you're wrong too. Canopy gets more results on Craigslist. Shell is more...
  7. Can anyone identify this canopy?

I've been searching for a period correct high rise camper shell for m 1990 Ext Cab for ages. This is the coolest one I've found so far. Hoping to get a little more info about it before I drive 18 hours to go get it though. Even just the brand would help me track it down.
  8. Odd surging issue

I ordered a fuel pressure tester, will report back.
  9. Odd surging issue

What codes? CEL isn't on
  10. Odd surging issue

Okay so I replaced the filter and nothing changed. Got 5 hours into a 17 hour road trip and my fuel pump died, I figured that must have been the issue. Picked the truck up from the shop I left it at this morning and drove it 5 hours home, still does the surging thing occasionally. Shop noted...
  11. Odd surging issue

If I'm on the highway cruising at 50% throttle my truck is fine. If I try and overtake, the truck surges as if I'm getting on and off the power over and over again. It doesn't happen all the time, and I've only noticed in in 3/4/5th gear on the highway while trying to accelerate at >50%...
  12. Truck starts great when cold, barely starts when warm

Picked up a 1990 STX 2.9 a while back, it's in great shape. Needed valve cover gaskets and AC recharge, did that and all's good. The last week or so it's been having trouble starting while warm. Fires right up first crank when cold. Even if it's only been running for 1-2 minutes it's hard to...
  13. Truck is less gutless at 2000ft elevation?

I use my truck exclusively for transporting my motorcycles to riding destinations. I've taken it over Grant's Pass on I5 three times now, lots of elevation changes. It seems that up in the mountains I don't really have to shift out of 5th on anything even close to flat and the truck will do...
  14. How much **** do I have to unbolt to do valve cover gaskets on a 1990?

Valve cover gaskets are leaking. Previous owner included nice look PermaDry rubber gaskets with the truck. Looks to me like I'll have to at least take the alternator off the starboard side and AC compressor off the port side, then still have to fanagle them through the rats nest. Anyone know if...
  15. Rain and bug shields - are they all the same?

Wanna get rain shields for my front windows and a bug shield for the hood of my 1990 STX. Are all of them the same quality? I don't wanna buy cheap crap but if it's all the same stuff I'll stop thinking about it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad