• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by steven

1. steven

Temp and tach after v8 swap

R Ron Ron, thanks so much for your help, spot on with the correct wires saved me alot of headaches. Have one more brain teaser, looking for the wire that would have went to the factory check engine light, would have ran from original ecm to dash light?
  2. steven

Temp and tach after v8 swap

I am needing some help with wiring or ideas, I swapped mustang 5.0 with Ron Francis harness in 92 ranger and I want to use factory gauges. First is temp gauge, I don't know which wire in engine bay that was hooked to gauge sending unit? I am assuming it entered in the cab on driver side. Wanting...
  3. steven

5.0 revs at idle

I have triple checked for vacuum leaks, and have replaced temp sensor and also ohmed it out and seems like it is good.
  4. steven

5.0 revs at idle

Looking for advice on mustang motor in Ranger. Have been trying to get it to run correctly for awhile with no luck, When I start it up it will idle up then drop down to 800 ish rpm and run for about a minute just fine then it revs up on it's own to about 1500 and stays there for about min or so...
  5. steven

SOLD! 1991 ranger 4.0 motor and 5spd

Springfield mo
  6. steven

SOLD! 1991 ranger 4.0 motor and 5spd

Pulling out motor and 4x4 5spd transmission to do 5.0 swap. Motor is reman from Jasper has about 35,000 on it runs great good oil pressure, no documentation on motor besides sticker on core support, purchased with no documents, motor is very clean, paint looks very good. Previous owner...
  7. steven

Fuel pump questions

So I am putting a 91 5.0 foxbody motor and trans in my ranger and have many questions, not sure if this is where I should post? Gathering parts and started pulling mustang motor and was wondering what kind of fuel pump I should put in tank. Truck is 4.0, Mustang motor has explorer upper and...
  8. steven

Auto to manual hubs

So wanting to swap out auto hubs to manual ones, will model 28 manual hubs work on model 35? I know I have to swap out the nut assemble...
  9. steven

Transfer case options

So ordered adapter to retain ranger tcase, got cam, explorer heads and intake on motor and just about ready to pull it out of mustang.
  10. steven

Transfer case options

Anyone ever try these eBay radiators on V8 swap...
  11. steven

Transfer case options

So I am having trouble locating an AOD 4wd output shaft, anyone have any suggestions?
  12. steven

Transfer case options

Anyone know a good source for output shaft and also adapter housing? Is that a wrecking yard thing?
  13. steven

Transfer case options

I assume with the 4wd output shaft and the correct adapter housing it will bolt to the back of the AOD. What output spline count is the 4WD shaft?
  14. steven

Transfer case options

Is there any issues as far a physically fitting the 4406 in between the frame rails?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad