• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Spiky

1. Spiky

Rear Axle upgrade.

I have a 1998 (that I bought new) 4x4 XLT Supercab. Ive put 345,00 on it and am just 5k into a reman. I know there was a model of Ranger (FX package maybe?) that had a 31 Spline 8.8. Is there a way to upgrade one that has the 1" axles and the 28 spline , or do I need to replace the entire rear...
  2. Spiky

Front brake upgrade

Has anybody ever tried to adapt larger calipers, say from a F-150 to a Ranger? Thought I might play around with some 1/2 inch thick steel and see if an adapter plate is do-able. Thanks.
  3. Spiky

28 spline Trac Loc spider gears

Been hearing a roar at speed in the drivtrain and I just figured axle bearing time. Got the cover off and the spider gears are looking pretty rough. Is there anybody that still makes/has spider gears for the 28 spline 8.8? I have not had any luck with this, and would rather not call a ford...
  4. Spiky

aftermarket cylinder heads

Due to necessity :sad:, I am replacing the top end of my 98 ranger's 4.0. Found populated heads at Kings Cylinder Heads. They say all the right things, beefed up, heavy duty, etc. Does anybody have any experience with these folks? I am also replacing lifters, pushrods,water pump and the fuel...
  5. Spiky

Longtime member just checking in.....

Hi all, I've been a member for a while but I just discovered the Introduce yourself thread. I have a 98 Ranger I bought new. It now has 281,000 on the clock and am looking for 300,000 before I swap the motor. Which brings me to the new info. I am looking to drop in another 4.0 OHV, But I will...
  6. Spiky

Trac Lock Differential

I am in the process of replacing the spider gears in my 98 Ranger with the 28 spline 8.8 in trac lock diff. Had one gear with a broken tooth. Amazingly, there was no other damage to it. Carrier bearings and cups were pristine. And the ring and pinion are also in great shape with no visible...
  7. Spiky

G-Force chips

Anybody have any info on the G-Force chips for the pushrod 4.0? I have a 98 Ranger w/ a 4.0, running a K&N "cone" filter and a Flowmaster cat back. I have a super chip that I got for it years ago, and maybe I got a little more power, but the milage gains I was expecting did not happen. And with...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad