• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Spacesuitrudi

1. Spacesuitrudi

86 Ranger with a 302

UPDATE- I am fairly certain that the engine comes from an 87-93 mustang gt, transmission is a C4 transmission, and the transfer case identifying numbers indicate it belongs to the original Ranger. I have everything but the driveshaft, shift linkage, throttle cable, and alternator figured out...
  2. Spacesuitrudi

86 Ranger with a 302

From what i can tell, the serial number from the tcase identifies it as coming from a 4x4 ford ranger. But i have zero ideas as to what the transmission is. I have been trying to take it one system at a time and the shift linkage is coming up on that list. I know the transmission is bright...
  3. Spacesuitrudi

86 Ranger with a 302

I got most of the wiring figured out, i can now start the engine with a key. Now i just have to figure out the serpentine belt, radiator hoses, oil filter relocation hoses, driveshaft situation, and the shifter/4x4 linkage
  4. Spacesuitrudi

86 Ranger with a 302

I will take more detailed pictures after work and post tomorrow
  5. Spacesuitrudi

86 Ranger with a 302

the original builder welded everything in, i do not have the tools to remove it all at this time but i plan to fix everything correctly when i have the available resources
  6. Spacesuitrudi

86 Ranger with a 302

It is carb, it looks like someone found and installed most of the parts, it is just figuring out what the donor vehicle was and finishing the install. The problem is i am unable to ask the person i bought it from because this is how truck was when he got it
  7. Spacesuitrudi

86 Ranger with a 302

Yes, someone wired a second ignition switch, i would still have to use the first to unlock the steering wheel. My guess is the original is for the ranger system and the added one is for the engine
  8. Spacesuitrudi

86 Ranger with a 302

I recently purchased a 1986 Ford Ranger 4x4 with a 302 already mostly installed. It has a 4-5 inch (I haven't actually measured it yet) body lift and a suspension lift already installed. It looks like someone has put a lot of time and effort into doing this swap and then gave up shortly before...
  9. Spacesuitrudi

2.9 to a gm 4.3

I know it's been a while, but did you ever complete this? If so any advice? I was just gifted a wrecked blazer that was running just fine before it wrecked and was wondering how hard it would be to swap into my bronco ii
  10. Spacesuitrudi

2.9-3.0

This is the answers I'm looking for. I don't know a lot about engine swaps, so this is actually telling me a lot
  11. Spacesuitrudi

2.9-3.0

It is 2WD, but it does have the empty transfercase. I was just considering the 3.0 because it's free. I want to go 4.0 long term and I plan to rebuild the 2.9, but I'm just trying to get it to run for now. I have a baby due within the next few weeks so I'm trying to not have to spend a bunch of...
  12. Spacesuitrudi

2.9-3.0

I have an 88 Bronco II with the 2.9 with a blown head(there is coolant in the oil and the year is notorious so I'm just assuming) but I have a rebuilt 3.0 someone gifted to me. How difficult is the swap and is there anything different I have to watch for?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad