• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Southernboy1992

1. Clutch disc size?

It was on Amazon and I did all the specs on the ranger and in the description it said for 4.0 ranger, explorer,sport Trac and I looked at the specs of the clutch and everything was correct like the 23 splines, and what not except the disc size which thru me off
  2. Clutch disc size?

Im needing help with something here. I got a 2005 Ford ranger edge. 4.0 5 speed and 4x4. I was pricing around a clutch for it and at O'Reilly's the clutch disc size is 10-1/4. I found a cheaper one on Amazon and it says it will fit my ranger. But it's a 9-7/8 diameter. Will it work or no?
  3. 1988 Ford Ranger 4 Speed manual????

Id love to have a 5 speed but for the time being the budget is tight. im just trying to figure out if the throwout bearing thats for the 83/84 transmission will work with a 88 2.9 clutch set. that throwout is screeching like no tomorrow
  4. 1988 Ford Ranger 4 Speed manual????

Will the clutch kit its self work with that throwout bearing? 2.9 that is? Since the throwout bearing is design for the 2.8 clutch set
  5. 1988 Ford Ranger 4 Speed manual????

Hey folks, so I just traded and I got this 88 Ford ranger 2.9 4x4 and 4 speed. It was a factory auto and someone has swap it to a manual 4 speed. Now i know they came in 83 and 84. But my question is, I need a throwout bearing for it. do i need to ask for one thats a 83 or 84? im confused as to...
  6. 1989 Bronco ii Trouble taking off

Hey guys,new here. So i purchased this 89 bronco ii back in the winter time and its been a great little ride, 2.9 Auto and 4x4. Well here recently ive been hearing a little bit of a loud noise which it sounds like its coming out of the torque converter. I have also noticed, even when i first...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad