• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by soldier390

1. soldier390

Rescue Ranger

This is what is all about lol.
  2. soldier390

Rescue Ranger

I don’t think a posted a pic of it fully alive. I’m still very pissed about all that NOS grill and bumper stuff getting destroyed. I’ve been searching for months for another new 93 4X4 grill. The bumper and lower valance that was on the donor truck are poopoo.
  3. soldier390

Rescue Ranger

Thanks, I was devastated when the wreck happened. I thought for sure a 55 mph hit was gonna end it. I was a 52D but trust me when I say that wasn’t “my” choice lol. I was 17 and I wanted to be a 63B but got razzle dazzled at MEPS hard to the point I just said whatever. Generator mechanic was NOT...
  4. soldier390

Rescue Ranger

I’d love some 4.56s but damn she’s got a thirst as it is. A double overdrive 6 speed would be the ticket. I thought pretty hard about swapping in a 4g63t out of a 90 eclipse I’ve had parked for years. I’m pretty happy with the 4L, it pulls good and it’s been like a hammer.
  5. soldier390

Rescue Ranger

Interesting indeed, I’m hoping it was damaged in the wreck but it didn’t leak a drop and I was ALL over the truck when I swapped the frame. I’m a bit sketched out by it now. I’m on 30” tires so it shouldn’t be possible under light use. The drive shaft is straight and the U joints are good with...
  6. soldier390

Rescue Ranger

Some T Case shenanigans. I was in 4low reverse rocking the truck and I heard a pop. (I’m not aggressive with my truck) When I got out to check there was a bunch of ATF on the ground. I figured it was the trans since I just had it apart and I’ve never had a transfer fail before. I called a friend...
  7. soldier390

Rescue Ranger

I got another project out of the way. I have two extra 3.0 transmissions laying around that are in good shape, gear swap time. Got everything out of my 4L case and cleaned it up real good. I didn’t do bearings but I got a shim kit for the main shaft bearings to tighten it up. The donor trans is...
  8. soldier390

Rescue Ranger

Having a lift in my shop and a crane on my truck helped out a lot. My only issue was now that I’m working in the states I have VERY little time to work on my own stuff. To add insult to injury, the guy didn’t have insurance so right off the bat it was 600 to get it to the house or I’d have never...
  9. soldier390

Rescue Ranger

Quite a bit of work but you’ll never find my ranger in a junk yard.
  10. soldier390

Rescue Ranger

So this crap happened!
  11. soldier390

Rescue Ranger

Thanks RobbieD, I’ve spent a lot of time on it trying to do it right. I like to think it’s pretty unique.
  12. soldier390

Rescue Ranger

Picked up some lighted Explorer visors from the JY. I’ve only seen one willow green Exp and should have got everything out of it while it was there so the ones I have are dark grey. They look alright and they are way better than the busted ones in the truck. The headliner is a new ABS backed one...
  13. soldier390

Rescue Ranger

I've mostly finished up the Ranger. Got the Pioneer NAV 6200NEX installed, new black carpet, backup camera, 1999 Explorer steering wheel w/audio controls and the PAC Audio SWI-CP2 all installed. I added a relay for my reverse lights and cam/radio power since the plug and switch were melted down...
  14. soldier390

Rescue Ranger

I haven't posted in a while but now that I'm mostly done modding and swapping things into my truck I figured I post up. I found a decent 1997 4x4 5 Speed, Reg cab step side on Craigslist a couple years ago for 1200 with supposedly a bad engine. It was listed as a 2.3 with no under hood pics...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad