• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Snal

1. Seems like a cracked head

I pulled my motor because I was leaking coolant out of the back of the motor from somewhere I couldn’t see with the block in the truck. Oil was normal, coolant was coolant, when the block was out I noticed it looked like it was seeping out of the corner of the head gasket so I pulled the head...
  2. 4.0 SOHC rebuild questions

Hello everyone, I've got either a cracked head or a leaking, not quite blown, head gasket. I will be pulling the motor tranny combo when I do the work as I plan on also doing the timing chains while I'm in there and I figured the work space would be nice. I've never done work the intrusive...
  3. 01 Edge "Bernadette"

I've been stocking up on parts for 2 and a half years and finally after 2 and a half months in the shop she's back! I'm running a camburg 6.0 kit in the front with 8" coilovers to get rid of the torsion bars and 2" bumps. Camburgs heim steering and subframe. The rear is using F31 deavers with...
  4. Battery drain issue

I've got an 01 4.0 that recently wouldn't start without a jump so I replaced the battery with a fancy optima yellow top and a few days later, same thing. Here are my symptoms: -After jump I noticed my speedometer was bouncing between 15-20 while at a stop however while driving worked fine. -I...
  5. 2 bulb to 3 bulb

I want to convert my tail lights from 2 bulb to 3 bulb. I've read and been told I need the pigtail harness as well as the multifunction switch. Is that all that's needed? I can't find an answer or anyone on this forum who has every done this or even attempted it. I feel like the best way to do...
  6. Tail light dilemma

So here's the deal, I've got an 01 edge so I have 2 bulb tail lights and I'm gonna be putting up a bar to replace them using trailer lights and I want to run separate brake a signal lights. I'm trying to essentially convert from the 2 bulb to 3 bulb setup and I've searched but found no answer...
  7. What should I do as far as getting a locker?

I've got n expo 8.8 with l/s sitting on my porch thats gonna be going under my edge 4.0 when she gets overhauled but I've got some q's first. I'm trying to build a luxury runner but I'm keeping it mid travel or else I'd be doing a full width 9" so I wanna know what you think might be best to do...
  8. 2.0 coilovers

I'm buying the camburg 6.0 kit in a few days and I'm ditching the torsion bars for 2.0 coilovers. I don't know jack about them other than I'd need an 8" shock and the spring length should double the travel so I need 16" springs but my questions are about spring rates, I know I should post this...
  9. Which rear shock should I use?

here's my current rear setup: flipped stock shackle and hanger with expo leafs and blocks. I don't like it but it's what I have. I have 33's under it so I can't take out the blocks yet cuz it's sitting between 0-1" lift. I've read we can fit a 10" travel shock underneath the bed with stock...
  10. Which lights would be best for night driving?

I'm looking into the hella 500FFs and the 700FFs. I wanna use them as my regular driving lights at night so I'm putting them on the front. which would be best? I wanna get 4 so should I just get a set of each?
  11. Pulling my control arm bracket mount off

I've been running this truck rough for a while now. I've jumped it a lot and I bent the upper arm control arm brackets on both sides. now I've got limit straps to help stop that but i need an alignment BADLY but because of the bent brackets it can't be aligned. I'm going to get gussets from...
  12. Airbags deployed, where to start

wednesday night I was out and hit a rock I didn't see in time with my lower control arm. I'm replacing the arm tomorrow but the shock from the hit set off my airbags and I don't want to go to the dealer to have them drain my bank account so I have a few questions. What do I need? I know I'll...
  13. Speedometer help!!!

Last weekend I went out wheeling and hit a few puddle going as fast as I could and the force ripped my VSS off the diff and when I went to plug it back in (this has happened before) the plug in the axle had been ripped out so I went the last week without a working speedo. I put in the new VSS...
  14. Cheap deavers?

after i get my return and pay off other debts I'll have around $650 left over. I wanna get a set of F31 deavers with some bilsteins. where is the cheapest place to go to get both of these under 650?. I was thinking of getting the deavers from dixon bros but it's 600 then I'd imagine after tax...
  15. Oil pressure gauge stops

Long story short I went out with some buddies a few weeks ago to a bonfire. The dirt road to get there was rough, I hauled ass now my oil pressure gauge stops working. I didn't crash or hit anything but the shock from hitting all of the bumps must have knocked something loose. I did it again...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad