• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by SMTGREG

1. SMTGREG

Call the Ranger abuse hotline!!! 1-800-SAV-RNGR

I had a customer come in the other day that said he had an oil leak and was using a lot of oil. He bragged that he has spent little or no money on his Ranger and wanted us to look at it because it was raining out. Well I put it up on the lift and sure enough you could see that little had ever...
  2. SMTGREG

Orphan Exhaust System

Well I needed a new exhaust system on my 91 with a 2.3 Being CHEEP I was able to get an exhaust system from a new EDGE and made it fit my truck for about $30 total cost. The pipe is 2 1/8" and yes i carry my spare in the bed.The sound is as quiet as stock and gained 2 mph and feels a little...
  3. SMTGREG

Custom PLates

What does your custom plates say? My MGB says 1 BAD B
  4. SMTGREG

Odd sound when starting my truck

Watching the dashlights (flicker) and hearing it start it sounds like low battery voltage. have the battery tested. Also have the truck tested for a current draw.
  5. SMTGREG

New Ford Police Interceptor

Check out the new police interceptor. Just announced today!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.fordvehicles.com/fordpoliceinterceptor/ Now that's a BADAZZ Cop car!!!
  6. SMTGREG

Throttle by wire? 08 Ranger

MY 2 CENTS.......... the ford drive by wire has 3 sensors in the pedal assembly. If one of the sensors fail the throttle body goes to failsafe mode and will idle only. If more than one fails the engine will go to idle for approx 30 seconds then shut off. Also in the pedal assembly is a tension...
  7. SMTGREG

Code P0455

The valve you are referring to is the canister vent valve. The valve is normally open without power and closes with power. These valves do get dirty and stick. You probably would have spent less having a dealer diag the problem ($79.95 at our shop) then replacing only the bad part or hose.
  8. SMTGREG

2.3 dohc Pilot Bearing question

The ford bearings that I have installed all come with the bushing for instalation in the crank shaft.
  9. SMTGREG

2008 2.3 w/automatic idles rough

Some 2007-2009 Ranger vehicles equipped with a 2.3L engine and automatic transmission may exhibit an engine droan/moan/vibration at idle in the cab. There is a TSB 09-18-5 . Install Exhaust Damper, Reprogram The PCM And Neutralize Engine And Exhaust.
  10. SMTGREG

grinding sound type noise when accelerating

There is a bearing in the center of the right half shaft that is a common cause of a bearing noise. To further diag the noise jack the front wheels off the ground put it in gear to hear the noise... stop then keep the right wheel from turning the noise should be gone.... the red brake light...
  11. SMTGREG

91 Ranger Door Panel Arm Rest

The armrest/door pull (vinyl and foam covered piece) has broken on my Ranger I have not been able to find a replacement. What have you done to fix the handle? At this point I'm about ready to cut a piece of 2x4 and screw it to the trim panel.
  12. SMTGREG

When do I change the timing chain?

Yes the engine is an interference engine.... The chain and tensioner should last the life of the engine with regular oil changes. WARNING do not loosen the crankshaft pulley bolt. the crank gear is NOT keyed to the shaft. The gear will slip and cause engine damage...
  13. SMTGREG

No redline on tach

I used to race the 2.3 in a mini stock on a 3/8 mile dirt track. We had to run stock bottom end. With a 3.55 axle and trans in second gear (2.10), depending on track condition the RPM's stayed between 7500 and 8000. Failures were broken rods first, just below piston pin. Then broken cranks. I...
  14. SMTGREG

2002 Ranger Misfire

Spray some water on the wires to see if the miss gets worse. I see more problems with wires than coils but coils come in a close second.
  15. SMTGREG

FL400S changed to FL-910

The FL 400 is all we use at our ford store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad