• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by small ranger

1. Just gonna make some headers...

I did the exact same build 9 or so years ago. I have a set of long tube headers for a 2wd truck hanging on the wall of the garage. the 2wd headers kinda hit the transmission if i recall. they have a hairline crack at the collectors. If i can help let me know. If you were closer id say just swing...
  2. Duraspark box from a v8?

This is a question for all you Duraspark gurus. Like the title says can I use an ignition module from a v8 for a v6? I currently have my truck durrasparked with the blue box and the box I am looking at is also a blue ignition module. Any thoughts?
  3. Headers

I just cracked the headers I had on my truck. I got them used many years ago. I can not for the life of me find anyone who still sells long tube headers for the 2.8 4wd trucks. Anyone know if the 2wd headers will fit? Or know of a source for the aerostar headers/manifolds? Did they ever make...
  4. Timing cover installation

Hey I'm reading up about replacing the timming cover and the book says use an aligent tool for the reinstall. How easy is the cover to align without the aligntment tool? Is it worth the $49.00 from eBay?
  5. cam for ford 2.8l

Any one put a cam in their little motor? I have to rebuild the top end of the motor and am going to put a cam in it, Im just not sure which one. If you have camed your motor I'd like you thoughts on it, along with the specs of the cam, your motor, and truck. Comp cam says they have 3 cams...
  6. tips for clutch bleeding

Here is the back ground. I have an 84 ranger with an external slave cylinder, which I replaced 5 or so years ago. I had not driven the truck for nearly a year but before I stopped driving it the clutch master began to leak. When I got into the truck last weekend the master cylinder was dry...
  7. moving to maryland with my truck.

As the title says. I am moving to maryland just out side of DC, with my 84 ford ranger, on full width axles, 38" swampers. What are the laws like for tires sticking 6" past the fenders? It currently has 3.5 inches of lift over stock but stands decently high cause of the tires. What are the...
  8. interest in 2.8 heads

I might have a set of ford 2.8L heads up for grabs. If I can get them sold so i can buy a motor from a local guy, I will got this route instead of rebuilding my motor. The heads are fresh from the machine shop where they have been compression tested and had the exhaust valves and guides replaced.
  9. any one installed a cam in a 2.8?

No i don't want to hear from anyone why would you do that, or your just polishing a turd! I just want to hear what people used and what your thoughts of the cam you used. Im thinking of the stage 2 cam mentioned in the tech page and wanted to know if anyone has used that one in a truck before...
  10. heads

Are these heads susceptible to cracking?
  11. trany to t-case

hey what do people use when reinstalling their t-cases? Can not find the gasket that goes between the two. should I make my own gasket again:( or rtv it up?
  12. offenhauser intake

I have an offy dual plane intake and it needs a new gasket between the upper and lower halves. Anyone know of any auto parts stores that carries these gaskets? I made the last one but it was a bitch and would like to not have to make another one. Any help would be nice. Thanks
  13. 9" and dana 44

I used a rear drive shaft out of a 77 ford 150 short bed. I had it cut down and used a 1310/1330 conversion u-joint at the diff. I used a front out put yoke from an old t-case and swapped it with the stupid flange that is on the back of my 1354 t-case. The yoke will bolt right up the 1310...
  14. Stock radius arms with SAS?

Why use the stock ones they are way too short and will limit travel. If your going to all this trouble with a SAS make longer radius arms, or get some with the wedges from a dana 44. Just my thoughts.
  15. hopped up 2.8 and fuel

Anyone who has a slightly to well worked 2.8 still use the stock fuel pump? I feel like my fuel pump is not keeping up with my motor. The fuel level in my clear fuel filter changes radically based on how I drive. Lots of idle almost empty. Hard and fast almost empty, slow and steady, nice and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad