• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by slycer2002

1. slycer2002

92 Explorer 4x4 suspension into 92 Ranger 4x2?

Hey, I was just wondering about the feasibility of swapping the suspension from a 92 Explorer 4x4 into my 92 Ranger 4x2 3.0. Last year I bought new tires for my Ranger, and got the alternate Explorer size P235/75R15 (I upgraded to 15in rims 20 years ago). I have had issues with tire rub when I...
  2. slycer2002

92 Ranger regular cab door rattles while driving

I wasn't exactly sure where to put this thread, because I didn't see a section specifically for questions about doors and/or body issues. Anyway, when I'm driving down the road and hit a bump, the passenger door rattles. I know it's the door, and not something else that's possibly knocking...
  3. slycer2002

Sam isn't hot for me anymore...

My 92 Ranger, Sam, doesn't get hot for me anymore. I know her juices still flow, but she's just at that age where things aren't like they used to be. With all that being said, here are the issues. Well, I should say "issue". I didn't have any heat in her at all. I swapped the thermostat because...
  4. slycer2002

Info missing from 92 shop manuals?

Am I missing something? I can't find anything in the 1992 Ranger/Explorer/Aerostar manuals that covers how to change engine pulleys like the idler and the tensioner. I have a 92 Ranger 3.0, and I recently had an issue where there was an ungodly squealing coming from under my hood. With the noise...
  5. slycer2002

Idler pulley going out?

Does the idler pulley normally make a weird noise right before it goes out? On my 92 3.0l, with the engine running (idling or in gear, doesn't matter) there is a weird noise coming from what seems to be the top middle of the engine. With the hood up and the engine running, it sounds like it is...
  6. slycer2002

92 Ranger 3.0 loss of power, backfiring

I have a 1992 Ranger 3.0 2wd. I recently changed out the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and IAC, and still have to replace the O2 sensors. It has started idling really rough, and will sometimes die on me. When I manage to keep it running, the acceleration is really sluggish and I hear what sounds...
  7. slycer2002

Fuel tank issue...

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I didn't see one specifically for regular fuel issues. Just the alternative fuel forum. Anyway, I have a 92 Ranger 3.0 2WD automatic. I filled my gas tank this evening, and when the fuel level got high enough so that the pump automatically shut off I...
  8. slycer2002

92 Ranger 3.0 broken motor mount???

Today I was driving my Ranger and out of the blue the engine kinda sputtered a bit and my Check Engine light came on. I was in the alley behind my house, so I know I wasn't pushing her too hard. I drove back around out front and killed the engine. When my wife came out to see what was wrong I...
  9. slycer2002

92 Ranger 3.0 high idle and intermittant miss

I noticed last night that my 92 Ranger 3.0 was running rough. There would be an intermittant miss under constant load and there was no power when I would step on the gas up to about 30mph. Above that, it was fine. When I stopped and dropped her into park, she idles very high. I can't tell you...
  10. slycer2002

Troubleshooting error codes

I have to apologize now, this is a little long winded. I have a 92 Ranger 3.0 2wd automatic, and today while I was driving it the check engine light came on. I noticed that the temp gauge was slowly climbing as well, though this may have nothing to do with the issue. It was hot outside...
  11. slycer2002

Found these on eBay... Any thoughts???

I was looking for some clear Euro style headlights in eBay for my 92 Ranger, and came across these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619&item=290517608716&viewitem=&category=33710 Anybody out there have any experience with these to know how well they...
  12. slycer2002

92 Ranger 3.0 air intake duct hose clamp

I have a 92 Ranger 3.0 and I was wondering if anybody knows whether the hose clamps that hold the air intake duct were available aftermarket or if I would have to buy them from a Ford parts dealer. Also, are the clamps even available by themselves or would I have to buy the entire air intake...
  13. slycer2002

93 Camaro strange brake and rear turn signal issue

My wife's Camaro is possessed. I'm pretty sure of it. At first we were having an issue where the right rear turn signal would not work if the headlights were on. If the lights were off, it would work all day long. Turn the lights on, nada. It was like this for awhile, and then one day just...
  14. slycer2002

93 Camaro wiper and rear defogger issue

Okay, I have a couple of issues that I would like some input on. One I am not sure of the problem, the other I know what the problem is but I have a question on the remedy. First off, the wipers. The wipers only work when they want to. They'll start up fine but after awhile they will just...
  15. slycer2002

Idle curiosity...

I've seen all the 302 swaps on here and, while they are great, I hate to be a follower. I know I'm going to get all kinds of people thinking "Why would you want to?" and all that, but is it feasible to even think about dropping a 390 into a Gen II Ranger? I have a buddy that has a 390 that came...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad