• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Sloryd66

1. Sloryd66

Temp gauge not working

You didn’t mention either your trucks year or engine. On my 99 2.5L there’s actually 2 sensors…from what I learned, one is for the gauge and the other sends signal to the ecm on engine temp. My gauge always read low and I replaced the front sensor and it fixed it. If it’s a 2.5l they’re located...
  2. Sloryd66

2009 Ranger AC compressor on all the time

As does my Jetta. You get spoiled with having full control over your climate control. Vent, recirculate, ac on off…whatever I need is available. I’m still going to put the ac compressor on a separate switch through a relay. Just need to draw up a diagram of how I need to wire it up and get to it.
  3. Sloryd66

@Smitty316 Sorry I didn’t get back to you last night but I drove my truck to work this morning and my AC compressor is engaged in every position except for face only or feet only and the obvious off position. All others kick in the compressor. Does your climate control look like mine on your 2011?
  4. Sloryd66

2.3L ('83-'97) Fuel injector- right and wrong options? Flow rates?

The crank sensor could be an issue as it sets timing. I figured you had a scanner because you’re listening codes. I would invest in one since they’re valuable tools for diagnosing issues like these. I have a Foxwell and a Centrec. I like the Foxwell better because if there’s a code present, it...
  5. Sloryd66

2.3L ('83-'97) Fuel injector- right and wrong options? Flow rates?

Surprised no one has chimed in to offer help yet. Those plugs are pig rich. Since you have a scanner...throw it on there and get real time data on your MAF at idle. It should read in the low 2.x g/s. There's a general rule of thumb that at idle, grams per second of air across the MAF should be...
  6. Sloryd66

Pretty sure 99-2011 are all the same climate control. I'll let you know later tonight when i get home...I drove the Jetta to work today.
  7. Sloryd66

I'll check again but i'm 99% sure that mine runs in every position other than the first click to the left (Vent only). I've been wanting to add a separate on off switch to disable the AC compressor...especially in the winter. I want to run the windshield defrost to provide heat only without the...
  8. Sloryd66

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

I'm a drummer and run a Rockford Fosgate 500W Monoblock into a 12" P-2. I learn songs by actually hearing the kick and feeling it. You can't pick up all the notes through dinky 6.5" door or rear speakers. I'm obviously used to loud music and you get spoiled listening to inferior sounding...
  9. Sloryd66

Clicking sound in dash?

I don’t believe so but I’ve never checked it to be honest. I haven’t had time lately to dig into it because I’ve been working ridiculous long hours the last couple of weeks. What RonD posted is something I need to investigate as well because honestly, that’s exactly what it sounds like…a relay...
  10. Sloryd66

Clicking sound in dash?

It happens under light throttle. What you mention would make sense, but doubt it’d be audible over the engine noise if I was stomping on it, lol. Then I’d be complaining about the sound of a cow mooing :LOL:
  11. Sloryd66

I didn't do anything to my Ranger today

Hi, I’m Alex and I’m a recovering Rangerholic. You all reply “Hi Alex” I haven’t done anything to mine since last weekend but I’m tempted every day to fall off the tailgate. I don’t have too much more to do that I can think of really, but I’m constantly tempted by other posts to mod something...
  12. Sloryd66

Replace Rear Main Seal? Leaking?

Looks like gunk and not leaking. It’s a tough call but I’m kinda like you…an if it ain’t broken person. It’d suck if you went through the trouble to change it and the new one didn’t seat right and developed a leak you didn’t have. That’d be my luck. The crankcase is under pressure and if that...
  13. Sloryd66

Panhandle 98 ranger XLT stepside.

Welcome neighbor :)
  14. Sloryd66

Hello all

Welcome from sunny Florida 🌞
  15. Sloryd66

2.5L ('98-'01) 2.5 Lima mystery miss. Calling all Lima wizards

Your MAF should read around 2.5 g/s at idle.....i just had an issue where mine was reading too high and adding too much fuel and missed the rule of thumb regarding MAF readings when troubleshooting. It's grams/sec align with the displacement of the engine in liters...so for example a 4.0L should...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad