• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by SideStepRanger

1. Cold start Can't find gear and Slipping gears

That's what I thought at first but I filled it up until it was over filled. Slipping was less when over filled but still there on a cold start.
  2. Cold start Can't find gear and Slipping gears

I Have a 99 ranger 2wd 3.0 with 285k miles. The transmission was replaced once before but mileage is unknown. My transmission was shifting hard and I decided to replace the fluid and filter (yes l know it's not recommended at high mileage). With new fluid it now shifts very smooth, but on a...
  3. Best Shocks for front end

Bilstein is the only way to go if you're going to get anything better than whatever is cheapest at Autozone.
  4. Need Help With Hard Start Only With Cold Starts

I hooked up a fuel gauage and it showed 0 psi. When I turned the key to the on position without starting it immediately went to 55psi. Does this mean the fuel pump is good?
  5. Need Help With Hard Start Only With Cold Starts

Thanks Ron. I'll buy a tester for the fuel pressure and report back. One other concern is that my battery is reading 12.45V with engine off in 75F weather. That is slightly low on voltage, but is it low enough to cause starting issues? It is getting corrosion on the positive terminal.
  6. Need Help With Hard Start Only With Cold Starts

99 Ranger with the 3.0 takes 3 - 4 key turns to start the truck after it's been sitting over night. On about the 4th try it will sputter and then I give it gas and it starts. It also stalls if I put it in gear too soon after it gets started. After it starts it drives good, and restarts with no...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad