• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Shadowridr1

1. Shadowridr1

Camshaft synchronizer...03 3.0 manual

It's been a few since I posted. I hope all it well with everyone and their rangers. I recently had to replace the synchronizer again, 2nd time since buying this truck 2 yrs ago. So this time everything went fairly smooth, but now I have a CEL. After replacing the sycro, I drove the truck for...
  2. Shadowridr1

03 3.0 Japanese Ranger 5 speed

Yeah I'm fairly sure the rear seal is leaking too. I noticed it when I was doing all the work on the topend and was under there replacing the o2 sensor and fuel filter. That will be done when the tranny gets pulled to do the clutch. I think I can get a little more time out of the clutch because...
  3. Shadowridr1

03 3.0 Japanese Ranger 5 speed

Ok so the clutch pedal feels like a sponge. No problem disengaging, but kinda hard to get into gear. It is however leaking, from where idk I can't find it. Truck has 120k and I'm the 2nd owner so I have no idea if anything has been replaced. Clutch fluid is just below the little diaphragm...
  4. Shadowridr1

Bogging down

Well, I'm back. 03 Japanese Ranger has plaqued me again with a few issues. 1st rear main seal is starting to leak, 2nd clutch is going out and also leaking, 3rd I've got no GOOO at about 30 mph. So I'm assuming that's the catalytic converter since it's has very little exhaust coming from the...
  5. Shadowridr1

1998 b2500

Aight, so this guy is selling a 98 b2500. Said it won't start was working the day before, the next morning nothing. Said he thinks it's the ignition switch. He said the key will turn but gets no power even with a new battery or jump box. What do I need to look at or look for to see what the...
  6. Shadowridr1

Going back in.... last time i hope..

So, after waiting almost 2 months for new rockers to finally get in. I tore it down again today. I found 3 lifters collapsed and 5 pushrods clogged. Only 1 of the clogged pushrods was on a collapsed lifter. I put another new set of pushrods, another new set of lifters and the new rockers. It...
  7. Shadowridr1

No sir, I didn't do the lifters as well. And nothing was swapped from one side to the other, I didn't want to tear into it that far. No worries, I'm certain these guys are tired of hearing about this truck. They have done nothing but help and I sit over hear firing the parts canon instead of...
  8. Shadowridr1

Only thing not new is the rocker arms themselves. I did change out the entire passenger side rockers with another set of used rockers, swapped the push rods around a well and made certain of torque specs last time I was in there just to cover all bases.
  9. Shadowridr1

I'm just having a hard time believing the valve train has any blockage. I mean at one point I was basically running an oil/ gas mixture through it, lol.
  10. Shadowridr1

Yes sir, from what I remember the tick noise is pretty dominant on the head, intake and on the exhaust manifold all on passenger side, compared to putting the scope on the block in the same area. With everything up top being new would it be a waste of time draining the oil and doing an oil fill...
  11. Shadowridr1

So am I needing thicker oil? I mean from what I've read if this is a lifter tick, which I assume it to be, thicker oil would make it worse.
  12. Shadowridr1

SO, it's been a min since I actually messed with the pickup. Roughly about 12 days since I put it back together and decided it's time to go to a shop, because I gave up on the tick noise. I haven't started it or anything in these 12 days. This morning I started it just to circular things. I let...
  13. Shadowridr1

Coil packs

I feel you, I'm doing another oil change on my shitbox and hope that helps the tick. If not it's going to a shop. I'm tired of screwing with it. I could have bought and dropped a 5.0 in it with the 💰 I've spent on it. But that's my fault for being a parts thrower
  14. Shadowridr1

Coil packs

Remember you can get the coil pack off a Taurus, Sable, Ranger, B3000 too. As long as it's a 3.0. I wouldn't go with a horizontal plug if yours is vertical. But that's just me
  15. Shadowridr1

Yeah I spoke to soon on the no noise thing. I was too gun shy. I did it this morning again since I still had the belt off and fan off, and it was doing it still.. however, I can tell you the noise is not the water pump, not the timing chain, not a lifter, rocker or pushrod on bank 1, and not a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad