• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Sevensecondsuv

1. Sevensecondsuv

Persistent dragging clutch issue - 2001 Turbo Ranger

Hi all. I'm working on a 2001 Ranger that I turbocharged last year. For background, it's the 2.5L block with a 1997 2.3 crank and pistons/rods out of a turbocoupe. Anyways, I've got an issue with the clutch disengaging that I just can't figure out. Current configuration: Luk Flywheel for...
  2. Sevensecondsuv

Disc Brake Swap Details

I have a 2001 Ranger with the 7.5 axle with 9" drums. I also have a complete 31-spline 8.8 out of a 95-01 explorer that I want to swap in. I've done a few Ranger 8.8 swaps and have the perches and shock mounts all figured out but this is my first disc brake conversion. I tried searching and read...
  3. Sevensecondsuv

New true dual exhaust - now what is resonating so bad?

Hi all: **LEGAL: The subject truck is used off-road only and is therefore emissions exempt** I just finished putting true duals on my '92 explorer. I cut the factory Y-pipe apart and added some bends to it to get dual 2-1/4" pipes running right next to each other along the passenger side of...
  4. Sevensecondsuv

Newer cap on an older truck... (bed dimension question)

I'm going to look at a cap for my 1990 Ranger shortbed. The seller had it on a 1999 Ranger shortbed. He supplied measurements of 60x75 inches, which is about what my bed measured. My only concern is that I know Ford changed the exterior bed profile in 93, and I'm wondering if the width is...
  5. Sevensecondsuv

What caliber handgun should I get?

It seems the model 29s really hold their value.
  6. Sevensecondsuv

Yep, but I want one with the wood grips. I also like this: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=160552877
  7. Sevensecondsuv

Buying ammo online, .44 mag is only marginally more expensive than .357. Still a far cry from 9mm, but not prohibitively expensive. As such, I'm thinking of going with .44 mag. I figure there's no point in .357 magnum since it's still really too powerful for home defense but lacks the awesome...
  8. Sevensecondsuv

That's what I'm realizing - that I really need 2 guns. I think I'm going to get the big revolver now in .41 or .44 magnum and then look into a semi-auto in .40 or .45 later. Home defense is not what I'm buying the gun for - but if it comes down to it, I'll take the .44 magnum over no gun at...
  9. Sevensecondsuv

I wonder how the .44 specials are for stopping a human at 10 feet? I should go look up some ballistics. As for the shotgun, my family already has plenty of those. I agree though, the only guns with better stopping power than 00 Buckshot at 20 feet can't be fired from your shoulder. But it's...
  10. Sevensecondsuv

So I'm looking to buy my first handgun. I want something for all around use - home defense, plinking, powerful enough to stop a large animal within one cylinder / magazine at close range, and maybe even deer hunting. Based on the above, I'm looking at 3 different guns: A semi-auto in .45 ACP...
  11. Sevensecondsuv

To all you Ford techs...

So my wife and I just bought a 2005 Lincoln LS. It's just approaching 60,000 miles so I figured it's just time for a tranny flush and filter change. It has the 5R55S transmission. Usually I would just do this myself, but after looking at the procedure in the Ford service manual (I got one...
  12. Sevensecondsuv

Toyota before Congress....

Did anyone else watch the congressional hearings before congress? All I've got to say is Dog and Pony Show!!!! While I am in no way defending Toyota's gas pedal problems, these congressional hearings are pointless. It's just an election year and all our high paid, good-for-nothing...
  13. Sevensecondsuv

Anyone have a carfax account?

I need to look up a VIN. It is 1LNHM86S74Y657489. If someone could help me out it would be awesome! Thanks.
  14. Sevensecondsuv

The Toyota saga continues....

On top of the gas pedals and Prius brakes, the government has received 80 something complaints about the power steering abruptly failing on Corrolas, with several accidents and injuries as a result. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,585221,00.html I'm just glad I'm not working for Toyota...
  15. Sevensecondsuv

Thinking about buying a Lincoln LS

So my wife's 99 Pontiac Bonneville is really on its last leg and I'm giving up working on it. It's time for the next car. She will drive it to work every day and we will drive it on road trips. She wants a mid-size and I want a rear-wheel drive. She doesn't like the look of any of the muscle...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad