• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by sebastian323

1. sebastian323

Anyone interested in a Dana 35 TTB E-clip eliminator spring...

any idea where I can find this spring in 2021 ?
  2. sebastian323

Front Diff. Leak

I looked into the c-clip delete and it looks like I need a special spring to replace the c-clips. Any idea where I can buy this one ?
  3. sebastian323

Trouble installing front spring on 1996 4x4 Ranger - is a spring compressor needed?

I succesfully got the springs in. I used a combination of a spring compressor and having a friend step on the hub lockers to bring the control arm down. I used the spring compressor just to get the spring roughly in place, and then removed the compressors to fully install them.
  4. sebastian323

Trouble installing front spring on 1996 4x4 Ranger - is a spring compressor needed?

okay . right now I am only one person so I may have to go the pipe route. I will give it a shot when I get home from work. You think a spring compressor will work as I do have that one one hand.
  5. sebastian323

Hello, I am installing a set of leveling springs (+1.5 inches) on my 1996 4x4 Ranger. I currently have managed to extract the old spring. However, I am having trouble slipping the new springs in. So far I have removed the shocks, the sway bar end links, the old coil spring, and the tie rod ball...
  6. sebastian323

Swapping a 2007-2011 steering wheel into my 1996 XLT

So it appears the 2007-11 wheel will bolt up to my 1996 truck. I am wondering if the cruise control buttons/ wiring will be compatible. I read the airbag in the 2007+ trucks are double stage, and that you need to select one of the airbag stages to run in a single stage airbag older truck...
  7. sebastian323

Change clutch forks on M50D-R1 without dropping transmission - 1996 XLT

My friend recently changed the M50D-R2 clutch forks in his 1991 ford f150 by removing an access panel in the cabin. I am wondering if I can do the same on my M50D-R1 in my 1996 xlt 4x4. Also is there much difference in the floor pan between a 1996 2wd and 4x4 ranger extended cab.
  8. sebastian323

Manual transmission hard to shift when engine is on

The other day i put the truck in 4LOW and after returning to 2High, the gears became noticeably easier to shift. Its not perfect ,but much better. perhaps the 4wd selector was not engaged all the way.
  9. sebastian323

Clutch ruined because of shift fork?

I take it is possible to change the shift forks on the M50D without removing the transmission from the vehicle ?
  10. sebastian323

Front Diff. Leak

This sounds about right. I imagine at minimum I must remove the axles, which it seems may be easier to pull while the shocks and coil springs are removed.
  11. sebastian323

Front Diff. Leak

My front differential has a leak on my 96 4x4. It is not leaking from the front driveshaft input seal, so i assume that I will need to drop the front diff to service it. I also need to change the coil springs on my truck. Does dropping the front differential involve dissasembling the front...
  12. sebastian323

Cab swap on a 1996 4x4

I am considering applying heat to the bent area and shoving my engine crane in through the window and sending it. I dont see why it should not unbend it
  13. sebastian323

Steering wheel locked, key wont turn

I had the steering wheel lock up on me this morning. Shaking the wheel to the right very aggressively while applying pressure on the key freed it up. Took almost 10 minutes of messing with it.
  14. sebastian323

Cab swap on a 1996 4x4

I bought a rolled 4x4 1996 ranger for $550 and I am considering buying a new cab at a salvage yard or sourcing a cheap donor truck. Will the RWD extended cab of the same year bolt in ? I imagine i need to port over all the electronics and wiring from the 4x4 cab. My other option is to replace...
  15. sebastian323

2004 4.0 Manual Trans quit on me on the road. This truck's first ever problem.

I think the light with the lock on it is the alarm system not detecting the correct chip-key. maybe the chip-key is now out of battery ? my 2011 ford fusion refuses to turn over if the chip-key is not present and I get a red blinking key with a lock logo Try jumping it and see if the starter is...