• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by sebastian323

1. sebastian323

For Sale 1996 Ranger - 4.0 OHV- 4X4 Manual trans - needs cab

I am willing to sell my 4x4 ranger for someone that needs a good 4x4 frame (only has lighter surface rust, its in California) and 4x4 drivetrain. The cab is heavily dented from the roof and the bed is all mashed up. Basically good for a cab/bed swap. engine and trans are running good. Location...
  2. sebastian323

60/40 regular cab seat tracks ?

If I want to put something like this in my 1996 extended cab is it a direct bolt on ? Do they seats have the quick pull option to recline them forward and slide forward to access the back of the cab ? The seats in question are from a 2003 extended cab with the suicide doors
  3. sebastian323

Manual transmission hard to shift when engine is on

I am going to run some full synthetic 5w30 in my m50d trans next time I change the fluid.
  4. sebastian323

Radiator cap not working? - Pressure in coolant 24 hrs after running engine

On my 1996 4.0 OHV I recently thought I saw some coolant on my driveway (green looking oily liquid). The truck was parked on an incline for 2 weeks with the nose of the truck facing forward. And the coolant seemed to be dripping from the back of the engine. I moved the truck and parked it on...
  5. sebastian323

New member from Socal

Welcome. I am also out of the same area.
  6. sebastian323

1996 4x4 XLT shakes excessively on bumpy roads

I think all four shocks are completely blown. When I shake the truck it has a rolling shaking motion from the front and the back. The front shocks are aftermarket and look new, but the truck was rolled and in the accident one of the col springs snapped. I replaced the springs but did not bother...
  7. sebastian323

Seats, seats, seats!

Which year of ranger starts to have the seats that look like this ? I want to bolt some into my extended cab 1996. Is the cloth as tough as on the older seats ? I much prefer the dark look of these seats.
  8. sebastian323

Just from memory, If I push on the side of my truck (where the doors are), it will shake a few times in a manner I am not used to seeing. I have a 4x4 that is stock rear ride height and it has leveling springs in the front. What is this hi-ryder option I see on rock auto?
  9. sebastian323

MY 1996 XLT shakes excessively on bumpy gravel roads when hitting bumps and holes. It almost feels as if my sedan is a smoother ride. Could my shocks be completely blown ? The worst shaking seems to be from the back and those shocks do seem to be the original ones from 1996. The front shocks...
  10. sebastian323

Fuel smell after adding gas 96 4.0 OHV - NO CEL

So I went offroad yesterday, and I could smell fuel after hitting some really large bumps and holes in the road. Does this mean the fuel was spilling out through a leak in the tank as opposed to the filler neck ? I had a 85% full tank when this happened. What is the compatibility of swapping in...
  11. sebastian323

1993 Ranger ABS Light on, and brake light on at times.

It is good. I suspect a sensor may not be working.
  12. sebastian323

1993 Ranger ABS Light on, and brake light on at times.

How can I pull the ABS codes on my 1996 ranger to see why my ABS light is on? What are common faults on these systems? Are they good systems or do they not make much of a difference?
  13. sebastian323

Gonna give this a shot. I am guessing the bed has to come off to replace the fill tube? I think this is the case for the fuel pump as well ?
  14. sebastian323

I guess when I change the bed I can do the filler neck and any hoses that are readily accessible as well as inspect for leaks on the tank. Ill put rubberized tape on the contact surfaces of the tank as well.
  15. sebastian323

My 1996 4.0L OHV has a slight fuel smell after adding gas. I can smell the gas from the cabin with the windows closed. I currently do not have a CEL on. What are some common areas to check for a fuel leak. My fuel lid is tightened down good (maybe its old and not working?) How dangerous is the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad