• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by seanm

1. Removing power steering cooler... ok or stupid

The power steering cooler on my '98 Ranger is leaking. The cooler is both hard to get and expensive. I am pretty sure the cooler was part of the towing package and not standard. I am contemplating just removing the cooler and bypassing it. I don't tow with the truck. I very very rarely have any...
  2. Removing Box

Spring is around the corner and a man's thoughts turn to bodywork... or something like that. I have severe body rot on the box on the drivers side. There is really no good way to get at it without removing the box. However, the truck is my daily (and only) driver, so I need to keep it on the...
  3. Doors for '98 Ranger

I need a door for my '98 Ranger. Anybody know what years should fit? I don't have power windows if that matters.
  4. Removing "buttons"

I have never been able to work out how to remove these %^&*%^&* buttons. I need to remove the interior panels of my '98 Ranger to get at some wiring.
  5. Battery light

What exactly does the battery light on the Ranger indicate? On Christmas day I had real problems with the electrical system. Barely made it to my sister's and toasted the battery in the process. Battery now reads 3V and putting it on a trickle charger made no difference. Never once did the...
  6. High beams go on when truck turned off

I recently had alternator problems which toasted the battery. When the problem started getting serious (Christmas day), I noticed that the high beams would go on when the truck was turned off. Even though the lights where not on when the truck was running. Replaced the battery, alternator and...
  7. Looking for short - pulsing when radio fuse removed

I am having problems with the charging system and so I started following the charging system checklist from the tech library: http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/chargingsystem.htm Unfortunately, at step i, the light does come on. Disconnecting the alternator harness did not solve the...
  8. Jacks

Since there is no tools forum, I suspect most wheel/tire experts will have had to use a jack once in a while :D I was recently looking for a new jack. My last jack was a POS, and my good ol' faithful jack is a bit short and hard to use on the Ranger. It was bought way way back in college to fit...
  9. Speedometer/ABS problem

I already checked the speedo FAQ, but it did not help. The ABS and check engine lights came on and I lost the speedometer. The brakes where a mess (and I knew it) so I got the brakes all fixed up. Now the brakes are working great, although I still have to get used to the small brake pedal...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad