Recent content by scotts90ranger

1. scotts90ranger

Dana 35 Steering knuckle stud options?

I broke one too at one point, but I have a spare axle to pillage from... but '91-94 Explorers are another source of parts...
  2. scotts90ranger

2.3L ('83-'97) Fuel pump secondary circuit failure

That sounds reasonable, they could be related but I don't know the circuit for the VSS very well, I think it uses the one on the end of the speedo cable for that. As for the fuel pump circuit, there's a feedback wire into the computer out of the fuel pump relay which is probably the code you are...
  3. scotts90ranger

Gym Closed?

Couple weeks ago I took a couple days off to get started on my shop build, dealt with 40 80lb bags of concrete on Thursday, 13 more on Friday, with help of one friend and the wife got 13 out of 14 of the 6x6 posts stuck into the holes on Saturday with 4 of them tamped in with gravel, rolled out...
  4. scotts90ranger

2.3L ('83-'97) 1985 2.3L Ignition timing issue

There should be a SPOUT plug somewhere near the distributor, pull that and it should eliminate any spark stabilizing in the computer, on the emissions sticker under the hood there should be a spark timing value, this should be set at idle by turning the distributor. I would start there, it...
  5. scotts90ranger

4wd to 2wd conversion

Suspension wise EVERYTHING up front is different between 4x4 and 4x2, other than 4x2 Edge models which are 4x4 without spinny bits and a fake transfer case... In the rear the only difference is the shocks, U bolts and lift blocks. If you want to get it lower and put a simpler drivetrain in just...
  6. scotts90ranger

WHICH &%$#@!! RADIUS ARMS work in my 97 XLT 4.0 4x4?

RWD and 2wd are the same thing, you need 4wd or 4x4 radius arms. Anything from a '91-94 Explorer or '90-97 Ranger 4x4 will work, heck, '83-89 4x4 will work but you would need to add a bushing on the lower shock mount...
  7. scotts90ranger

2.3L ('83-'97) 1995 No crank, No start, only click

I hate those stupid quick splice ends, they are horrible and don't handle much of any amps... If replacing any of those STUPID sheet metal ends leave one end as a ring and use that, on my '97 I'm using one of those cheap ends just as a terminal clamp, I left the nut on the end of the wire and...
  8. scotts90ranger

2.3L ('83-'97) More 2.3L power? Where to get parts?

I haven't played with much other than stock parts and some mods, my turbo engine is just a combination of stock parts with a ported head and some intake manifold work (minor, just took out the bumps for the injectors)... My '97 for whatever reason already has 4.10 gears and it helps as long as...
  9. scotts90ranger

2.0/2.3/2.5L Family

As for why, more complete combustion. There's lots of theories out there on what is going on but it's simpler than most imagine... It's simply just to get spark on both sides of the piston, the coils fire at the same time not offset and they're even waste spark so they fire on the exhaust stroke...
  10. scotts90ranger

2.3L ('83-'97) 2.3 Lima front crankshaft seal

yes, take off the front housing, it's the bottom part that is sticking out from the block. The bolts necessary are the ones with 10mm heads you can see in the picture and the front couple oil pan bolts, it includes the crank sensor mount. You have the new seal for the back of the front housing...
  11. scotts90ranger

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

That is an interesting look, kinda Studebaker like from the back. Personally I would have moved the rear window up a couple inches and the tires are a bit small for that stance, but it's definitely not bad and looking forward to seeing where you go with it. Other than driving the '97 to work...
  12. scotts90ranger

My fuel trim insanity continues.

Probably correcting for air temperature, if the intake temperature is still reading high like you were talking about the engine will pull fuel correcting for that but then probably add it in with the closed loop system... If the fuel mileage is reasonable I'd probably not worry about it, it has...
  13. scotts90ranger

Normal amount of lumber to find when digging a hole?

I don't think there's wolverines in Oregon... I tried getting a cat but he's stubborn and only goes after mice, voles and rabbits and is afraid of the red tail hawk that lives above the open area where most of the gophers roam... The hawk doesn't seem to hunt under it's nest for whatever reason...
  14. scotts90ranger

they started it... I'm deeply offended by their presence, I'm pretty sure they are trespassing, I was fresh out of potatoes to throw at them...
  15. scotts90ranger

All of the concrete is done now, went through 53 80lb bags all said and done... A friend came over today and we got all the posts in the holes and the 4 corner posts square (within 1/4" corner to corner and 1/8" on the other 4 measurements) and level all at the same time so we put gravel in...