• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by scotts90ranger

1. scotts90ranger

225/70/15 vs 235/75/15

In my experience the tread design makes a much bigger difference in mpg than tire size. My '97 has 4.10's and had some random tires on it when I got it, somewhere around 27" tall, drove fine, rpm's a bit high for my tastes but they were old and not very round and all season tread or all...
  2. scotts90ranger

‘88 ranger 5.0 swap 4x4 transmission blew (help needed)

The transfer case you want was offered in the same years, '97 through '03, it's as compact as a full size transfer case gets, the downside is the rear output is slip spline and you would have to do some work to driveshafts like mentioned above
  3. scotts90ranger

2.3L ('83-'97) any differences?

There are a couple differences between '94 and '95 that are important. You read right, from '89 through '94 the crank sensor was just above and to the drivers side of the crank pulley for the timing belt, in '95 the sensor moved to just above the front corner of the oil pan on the passenger side...
  4. scotts90ranger

2.3L ('83-'97) Camshaft Pulley Bolt Silicone?

Some of the cams have a plug up behind the bolt but I had a very serious oil leak out my cam bolt once, it was annoying one to find... I would use THIS STUFF, it's what I did and it works good, we use a lot of it at work on fittings into engines and it's good stuff...
  5. scotts90ranger

2.3L ('83-'97) Turbo

No idea, been beating mine without an intercooler for many years, but I have forged pistons so it doesn't matter as much... I want an intercooler and have a couple thoughts but haven't gotten very far, it's only been like 13 years since I turbo swapped, don't rush me :)
  6. scotts90ranger

"Dose" the ultra cheap offroad race Explorer turned rock crawler

That's good to see, I have similar plans with my '00 V8 explorer except I'm planning on going to a Jana 54 up front and a 10.25 since I have everything but the gears... I was hoping a spring over setup would wrork good, I might have to add an add a leaf or something since it has rear air ride so...
  7. scotts90ranger

Installing A equus Tachometer

One of the two links I posted had a list of all of the tools and pictures of every step...
  8. scotts90ranger

2.3L ('83-'97) Turbo swap fuel pump wiring

I'd just plug it off, there's no feedback on the original turbo ECM's so they don't know. it's frowned upon but for non daily drivers...
  9. scotts90ranger

‘94 4x4 Swap/Build

With a random stall like that it's one of two things, either the IAC is sticking closed sometimes or the TPS isn't going to below the point where it initiates the IAC to get ready or however that works (RonD is out for a while, I don't remember exactly how that works). I've been frustrated with...
  10. scotts90ranger

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Most likely mouse nest in the blower motor housing and the blower motor resistor was burning the nest... On my explorers mice like to build nests in the fan, a couple times I've given them the rotary treatment, with no airflow the fan turns WAY faster...
  11. scotts90ranger

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

A little thing to help keep some stuff out of the stock airbox is found on first gen explorers, there's a little piece of trim on the front of the core support to help air go to the radiator but it also blocks stuff coming up from the bottom into the intake... I've stuffed my airbox with snow...
  12. scotts90ranger

2.3L ('83-'97) 2.3L Mustang Swap Vacuum

Very few differences from '89 other than in mid '90 they went to MAF instead of speed density with a MAP sensor.
  13. scotts90ranger

My 87 Ranger I will be restoring soon I want to keep track of my progress and add information as I find it.

There should be enough leeway in the fueling to take care of a different throttle body, it isn't going to run lean enough to burn it down or anything...
  14. scotts90ranger

Installing A equus Tachometer

Ok, well then you wouldn't :), I didn't remember that part
  15. scotts90ranger

97 XLT back glassq

Yes, that was an option, it's what my '97 has... the only thing you have to do is find one from an extended cab from '86(first year) through '11 or regular cab starting in '98 when they used the same rear window on both styles. They bolt in so you need to take the trim off or mostly off and get...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad