• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by SchmigShady

1. SchmigShady

Stupid Printer

got sick of messing with my printer so i said screw it time to smash something. surpised my Girl friend got the action shot. and whats left lol.
  2. SchmigShady

Prepping my 4.0ohv for boost

I recently bought a Paxton supercharger for my 92 ranger and I need to get it ready for it. My main question is what should I be running for spark plugs? Should I get a step colder plug or maybe run some e3 spark plugs? I will put new plugs and wires on it even though I did it a couple of years...
  3. SchmigShady

No grease in hubs?

I installed a set of superwinch lock outs today i read the instructions and it said to not use grease on hubs or it will void the warrenty. i've always packed my hubs full of grease before putting them on. have i've been doing it wrong all these years?
  4. SchmigShady

Altas Transfercase

Has anybody ever used them or can they be used on a ranger? I was on there website trying to build one but i dont know all the specs that i need. but just curious if they can be used i know there pricey but i would rather save my money and buy one then to pieace togther a doubler.
  5. SchmigShady

The before and after

well it started as a bone stock 92 ranger stx 4.0 5spd fully loaded with over a 200k on it even had the original sparks plug that lead me to replacing the motor with one out of a 95 explorer with only 90k added headers ditched the cat and install a dynomax exhaust. Added the body lift then...
  6. SchmigShady

extended brake line questions

ok i was finishing up a few things from installing my lift kit and i got the Raybestos: BH 38622, BH 38623 and on the driverside do i need a brake line tee since there is 2 brake lines there and the new lines only have it for one brake line. thanks
  7. SchmigShady

broken shock mount stud

yeah i started installing the lift on my 92 ranger today and i broke the bottom mounting stud. whats the best way to fix this? I thought about just cutting off whats left and buy a bolt to put threw there. also i want to get longer bump stops anybody know what size i need? i'm installing a 4...
  8. SchmigShady

installing my junkyard lift

ok I’m getting ready to install my junkyard lift well not all of it is from the jy some are from members on here. But its all mixed stuff. And I have a few questions. I have james axel drop brackets and dual shock towers the older style ones where there’s a shock in front of the axel and back. I...
  9. SchmigShady

cant find axles

got mine about a month ago for $150 out of a 74. a guy on craiglist was selling them he has about a dozen early broncos. but this is lower michigan not sure you want to drive that far but i have his email if you want it.
  10. SchmigShady

Body lift, wheel and tires

well here it is for now. waiting on some 2" leveling coils to come so i can get the front end level with the rear. buts is only for a little while i'm gathing parts for 5-6" lift. next to come is custom bumper then followed by all the body work and painting it.
  11. SchmigShady

steering issue after body lift

ok i put a bodylift on my truck and put extended steering shaft in and now the steering seems tighter harder to turn almost like its binding. any ideas? thanks
  12. SchmigShady

Junk yard lift

well today i went to the jy and scored a ranger with a james duff lift. i got the dual shock hoops and axle drop brackets. I want to lift the truck anywere from 4" or 6" whatever without lengthing the driveshaft. i know i'll need A arms drop brackets or custom made ones. I have a 92 super cab...
  13. SchmigShady

low voltage

My 92 ranger has been reading a low voltage ever since i did the replaced the 4.0 it seems to be charging i been driving it and hasn't died yet. but the gauge is only about a 1/4 of the way from the low and before the swap it read about half. its the same alt how can i check this with a meter i...
  14. SchmigShady

Project Ranger Resurrection

over the past two day I mange to get my body lift mostly installed. Went pretty well the hardest part was working outside in the rain and mainley the mud slowed me down a little bit. I still have a few things to button up like the lower the radiator and the front body mounts the rubber was were...
  15. SchmigShady

one pieace driveshaft issue

ok not sure where to post this so i guess this is close enough. I have a 92 ranger extend cab 4x4 and tying to install a 98+ one pieace driveshaft. but when i go to bolt it up to the transfer case the flange on the driveshaft it larger. bolts to the rear end just fine. so what can i do? do i...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad