• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Saxwing1988

1. Saxwing1988

Has anybody put a line lock in their ranger?

What brand of line lock did you buy? I heard someone saying the Amazon ones don’t work like their more of a stopping you from rolling on flat ground then holding you on a hill. Like are the Amazon ones no good? Or just spend the 300 for a nicer one?
  2. Saxwing1988

How much would you buy my truck for?

Kbb and nada would be great if they meant anything. I’ve sold so many cars and seen friends sell cars that went for nothing close to what kbb said. If your going to throw a fit man don’t message back.
  3. Saxwing1988

How much would you buy my truck for?

Ok so I was always wondering how much someone would pay for my truck. I’m not actually anting to sell it and don’t think I would anytime soon but just curious. It’s a 99 but I did a 2004 front end has 140k the interiors good except the driver seat has a massive rip in it. The body’s straight but...
  4. Saxwing1988

Has anybody put a line lock in their ranger?

Hey so I off road my truck a lot and I’ve seen a few people use line locks to hold their trucks in place on hills and was wondering if anyone in here has done that? I just never fully trust the emergency brake on my truck and figured there has to be a reason why big off-road YouTubers are using...
  5. Saxwing1988

Need help with 5.0 swap info

Honestly I almost think the easiest way after looking like all day is I saw this video of a guy who took everything out of a 97 explorer and just made his ranger awd instead of messing with 4wd. Since mines a Manuel I could always just switch it to auto. But it seems more straight forward and easier
  6. Saxwing1988

Yeah we were saying it would be easier to just grab everything out of the f150 engine tranny wiring tcase pcm all the pats system and if they have a key great if not I can just get one made. Then I’ll order the conversion kit which should come with motor mounts so mounting it won’t be an issue...
  7. Saxwing1988

4.0 or 5.0 swap?

You could always do what I’m doing. I have a 3.0 right now that idk the miles on so what I did was I bought another 3.0 block and started building that. Then once I get done building it I’m gonna swap the old motor out for the new one or maybe even by a used motor that’s the same you have right...
  8. Saxwing1988

Ok so you know alot more so what would be easier? I’m trying to look this all up and I keep going in circles of what to do. The only reason I was thinking of getting everything from an f150 is because I know I can for sure find a 5.0 in a Manuel but the explore all the ones I find are auto. My...
  9. Saxwing1988

Ok so I’ve been trying to find a post with what I’m looking for so if anyone has experiance with this swap I need help. ok so what I’ve been looking up is the 5.0 comes in multiple ford carstrucks And suvs but the 5.0 in the mustang has its own style heads that make it better then the others...
  10. Saxwing1988

4.0 or 5.0 swap?

So I wonder if it’s better to get a 5.0 from a mustang then get the tranny from a f150
  11. Saxwing1988

4.0 or 5.0 swap?

They sell ford ranger 5.0 conversion kits. I’m trying to either do a 4.0 or a 5.0 also but here’s the thing. I think a 4.0 would be easier because your getting the motor out of the same truck essentially. So I can just go to the wrecking yard grab everything motor wiring tranny etc and just put...
  12. Saxwing1988

Will it hurt my engine or not?

online it says if you need premium you have to put in premium but I mean I have an srt4 that says premium only and I put regular in a few times and nothing happened besides it probably burned threw it quicker. Online it only says it matters if your car says it only takes premium but I never...
  13. Saxwing1988

Sorry habbit
  14. Saxwing1988

I agree. I had a gmc jimmy as my first car and I always put in ransom shit. If I had money I did premium if not just 89 and I noticed no difference and the car made it till like 220k till a head gasket went out. I even put trick in it a few times just goofing around
  15. Saxwing1988

Replacing injectors

Take pictures as you take it apart. Luckily all the harnesses and vacuum and so on are all one size fits all or their a certain length so it’s easy to put it back together but I’d take pictures if you haven’t done it before. It’s really east though.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad