• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by RustRatz

1. RustRatz

Dash piece broken off

Looks like it goes around the steering column. Not entirely sure what it mounts and/or holds.
  2. RustRatz

Dash piece broken off

Broken dash piece on my most recent project truck purchase. Is this needed for my truck? IMG.4637.jpeg is a good condition dash IMG.4638.jpeg is my new dash. Do I need it?
  3. RustRatz

Auto Vs Manual transmission Crossmembers

I’ll be making a junkyard visit this coming weekend, so hopefully I’ll have this truck up and running soon!
  4. RustRatz

Auto Vs Manual transmission Crossmembers

What’s the difference between the two? I have a transmission crossmember that’s stamped MANUAL but my truck is an Automatic. I’m being forced to cut the automatic crossmember to get it out, as the bolt and bolt sleeve on the bushing is stuck solid, and seemingly impossible to cut through the...
  5. RustRatz

Transmission mount bolts stuck in place

I’ll see if that works, but I don’t know if it’ll work
  6. RustRatz

Tried with a Milwaukee impact, and it just doesn’t move
  7. RustRatz

My 97’ ranger’s transmission mount crossmember bolts are stuck in place. The nuts came off, but the bolts are stuck in place. I’ve tried heating them up, beating them with a sledge hammer, and all sorts of other things. I just can’t get them free. Also tried cutting the bolt but I don’t want...
  8. RustRatz

Motor Mount Removal? 1997 Ford Ranger 4.0 2wd

Struggling to get passenger motor mount out. Any suggestions or recommendations?
  9. RustRatz

Different cases, but same transmission?

Will I need to get a different transmission? Need to know before I do anything else
  10. RustRatz

Also, differences in the cases. Blue looking one is original to the truck. Filthy one is the explorer transmission
  11. RustRatz

I just realized that the explorer transmission also doesn’t have this piece. The ranger transmission did
  12. RustRatz

have an explorer 4r55e and ranger 4r55e. Cases are different Also, will my overdrive still work? 1997 explorer 4.0 and 4r55e 1997 ranger 4.0 and 4r55e
  13. RustRatz

97’ Ranger Automatic Transmission Lines

My lines fused themselves to the transmission cooler, so I had to cut them. They’re the metal lines and I can’t seem to find them online. Can someone help? 1997 Ford Ranger 2wd 4.0 paired with an automatic. Not sure what transmission
  14. RustRatz

Swapping Stuff Out

I’ll have to look for it, thanks!
  15. RustRatz

Swapping Stuff Out

Have a 97’ extended cab 4.0 with an automatic. Ranger needs a transmission and possibly an engine. Found 97’ Explorer, 4.0 auto, could I use the parts off that on the ranger?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad