• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Rustbucket350

1. 4.0 Bronco II headers?

Honestly I wouldn't bother. The factory manifolds are more than adequate but they did used to have some headers for 2-300 bucks. What really makes a difference is getting it to run right and having the sensors functioning properly. I can spin 32" mud tires in fifth with 3.73s and last time I...
  2. Interior Restoration

Thanks. I almost scrapped it after I painted it, lifted it, did a 4.0 swap, and some idiot with no insurance made a left in front of me when I had a green light. Caved in the core support and bent one axle bracket. In the meantime a rat found its way in and totally trashed the inside. It...
  3. Interior Restoration

Exterior shot cause well, why not. It'll get painted (again) in the next couple years.
  4. Interior Restoration

Scotchbrite and rattle can the trim, lay down the carpet. Add a stich on leather steering wheel cover for $15. I should get a dash cover. Or pull it and redo it properly. It really stands out now. Doesn't look bad in the pics but the "vinyl dye" has totally peeled off the top. Plus...
  5. Interior Restoration

For anyone interested in redoing their interior on the cheap this is what I did. Amazon headliner material. $60. Home Depot carpet $40.
  6. 4.0 swap...

I used a 93 4.0 in my 86 with a 91 wiring harness. I didn't know it then but the 91 didn't have an egr so I just blocked the port off. I'd avoid the later overhead cam engines. I wanted to do one of those but that timing chain setup, plus the overall size of the motor, makes a regular V8 a...
  7. Blowing O2 Fuse

Well I found that one of the two grounds on the firewall by the pcm had a short somewhere invisible. Ended up just unhooking it and everything seems to work fine with no codes. I can't explain it and I have no idea what that ground is for.
  8. Blowing O2 Fuse

I checked the harness for burns but didn't see anything worth cutting the loom open. I'll have to take a closer look. No wires are pinched and it just randomly started blowing the fuse out of the blue. I was hoping for a way to isolate the pcm or harness to narrow it down further. Not sure...
  9. Blowing O2 Fuse

2000 Ranger 2.5. When I turn the ignition on it'll blow the O2 fuse in the power distribution box immediately. I unplugged everything on that circuit and it still blows. However, if I unplug the large plug between the power distribution box and engine harness/pcm it doesn't blow the fuse...
  10. Twin I Beam Lift

Also did a cam and intake swap during that so when I did drive it it was quite the difference. Fun project. Unfortunately it was not mine.
  11. Twin I Beam Lift

All done.
  12. Twin I Beam Lift

I think I asked a few years ago why this wasn't a sticky. Well, I probably didn't post enough info. So here we go. You got the twin I beam and you want to lift it... So you start with this and you buy a 4WD lift kit which obviously won't work. Unless it does. So, you do the rear. Easy...
  13. For Sale Free 4r70W

Yes. Free. It came out of an F150. That's all I know. Central florida area. Will probably not ship.
  14. 4.0 Swap: Runs dies and VSS Wiring

I see you already got it fixed but for reference, I didn't hook up any of that stuff. I cut off everything from the donor harness except the actual engine harness. Mine is a 5 speed so I didn't have to worry about shift points. I did connect just enough for it to run and drive, left the rest...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad