• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by RussCowdin

1. Driveshaft timing question

i was measuring the tube and not at the shaft, which is why I couldn't find one in the size I thought I needed. I got a used one from a driveline shop for $5. And was informed that I failed to assemble the double cardan properly and my entire shaft is pretty much garbage. I'm trying to decide...
  2. Driveshaft timing question

I'm having trouble finding a replacement boot for my front drive shaft. Anybody know what part number I can look for? I measured the shaft areas at 1.7 and 2 inches but can't find a boot with those dimensions. And now I have to go check if I timed the shafts correctly before I resinstall them.
  3. Need new liner for my flux core welder but need help.

Don't cut it too short. Cut it 3 it 4 times if you have to, but you can't make it longer if you cut too much the first time.
  4. Blue splines DIY?

Has anyone re-applied the blue coating on the driveshaft splines? The coating on one of my shafts is separating and peeling away and I can't seem to find much information about what the coating is or how I might apply a new coating at home. I'm not set up for powdercoating. I was hoping there...
  5. Mountain States Edition

"Mountain States" edition Ford Ranger. The Mountain States package was only sold in western states. and included under chassis skid plates (fuel. tranny. transfer case. diffs. and centre bearing). 4WD. AC. premium wheels. Dana 35 axle. rear antilock brakes. colour keyed headliner. and 1" inch...
  6. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

I installed 3 shock absorbers (4th was the wrong part). I took all the u-joints out of both drive shafts. And got my parts cleaner cleaned and refilled. And also installed assist springs on the rears. Tomorrow will be cleaning, de-burring, painting, and reinstalling the u-joints on the drive...
  7. Need new liner for my flux core welder but need help.

One adjustment that i dealt with on my automated welding machine was the wire feeding tension. You don't want those wheels gripping the wire so tight that it leaves marks. You want it only tight enough to feed and no more. That wire gets crushed easily, and becomes egg shaped, causing linger...
  8. First Ranger

Hello everyone, I just bought my first Ranger ; 92 Short cab - long bed, 4.0, M5od, Mountain States Limited Edition. Red /red, bucket seats, manual windows /locks. I'm not very good with computers, Google, or the interwebs. Hope I don't post in the wrong place or ask a question for the 147th...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad