• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by rubydist

1. rubydist

Steering Wheel swap question

I use the selector from this site (http://www.grantproducts.com/products/browse/installation-kits/automotive/) to see what is compatible with what other stuff. So far they have been correct in every instance.
  2. rubydist

351 or 302 mods for Tri-y headers for AOD

Please post photos of the drivers side - hoping to get clarity on how much interference there will be related to the front driveshaft. I know everyone says its impossible, but I would love to see photos of the driver side.
  3. rubydist

How to clean a mass air flow sensor on 2002, 3 l ranger.

There is a spray cleaner specifically designed for mafs cleaning, that is what to use. Available at pretty much any parts store.
  4. rubydist

98 ranger parts and compatabolity

Since they are the same from 98-11, you should easily find one at the junk yard.
  5. rubydist

I have measured but need a second opinion

They will fit fine and likely be pretty comfortable once you are in them, but you will quickly tire of climbing in and out of them with all that side bolster...
  6. rubydist

Where do you get your trailer hitch stuff? also which kind of pintle is better?

We have a couple very good trailer hitch places in the area, and I would expect you would have at least one in your area too. That is where I suggest you go, although etrailer seems to be a decent choice as well.
  7. rubydist

225/70/15 vs 235/75/15

The 2.3L is a dog to begin with. I would not make it 5% more of a dog by putting on taller tires.
  8. rubydist

5R55E TSB 03-22-10 parts help needed

See attached.
  9. rubydist

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Did oil and filter change (Mobil1 high mileage and Motorcraft filter) and replaced a broken front sway bar link. If I ever did offroading in this truck, I would remove the sway bar link, but since it is virtually always on the highway, I like how it corners with the sway bar.
  10. rubydist

AC clutch cycles on and off but doesn't stay engaged

what is the ambient temperature?
  11. rubydist

Good price? '94 Ranger V6 4x4 - $4900

That's maybe a little strong, but nice ones that old are hard to find so its tough to quibble over a few hundred bucks when you might not see another nice one available for a year.
  12. rubydist

4.0L OHV California emissions compatibility and differences

My understanding is that they were the same except for the tune.
  13. rubydist

04 mountaineer sway bar against 04 edge sway bar

I think the front sway bar on my 09 FX4 is too stiff, no way I would put a stiffer one on there.
  14. rubydist

Why There's No Rangers

My best guess is its some software thing, likely related to Federal certification of some aspect of all the blasted regulations that now exist. Ford has been doing a good job of taking care of those issues rather than letting them ride like some other manufacturers do...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad