• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by rsparhawk

1. What's it worth? (88 ranger GT)

So I have the opportunity to pick up a 5.0 swapped ranger for pretty cheap. My wife said this one has to go first if I want to bring that other one home. :sad: So, what is the going rate for a 1988 ranger GT? No A/C, 2.3 5 speed swapped, no power steering. I daily drive it so its dependable...
  2. ECM swap for non-EGR engine?

So I converted my 2.9 ranger to a 2.3 a while back. Inspection is coming up and I used a 2.3 out of a 93 ranger (no EGR). The computer/harness I got is from a 1990 ranger (EGR). Does anyone know if the 1993 ranger ECM will work with the 1990 harness with maybe just some repining? Inspection is...
  3. 2.9/A4LD swapped to 2.3/M50D driveshaft different?

So I am wrapping up my 2.3/M50d swap, and I cant get the drive shaft into the 5 speed transmission. Transmission came out of a 93 ranger, drive shaft is orgiinal 1988 2.9/A4LD one. I thought the drive shaft yokes were all the same? Or is the 93 ranger or 5 speed ranger drive shaft yokes...
  4. 88 ranger 2.9 to 2.3

I have an 88 ranger, with 2.9/auto. IThe 2.9 has seen better days after digging into it. I found a guy parting out a 93 mustang, 2.3 /auto and I could get the ECM/harness/motor and trans at a pretty decent price. Would this be a fairly straight forward swap using the mustang harness and ECM? Or...
  5. swaybar sizes, front and rear.

I have a 88 ranger GT with the front swaybar. I cant remember exactly where it connects to the beams and what not right now. I'll take a picture and get the size off of it when I get home this evening.
  6. What to do with my tranny

So, long story short, I bought my truck from a guy who said it didn't have overdrive. I found out the plug for the solenoids was actually just unplugged while I was dropping the pan to drain the fluid. so here I am, I was prepared for a rebuild, or swap out for another tranny, and now I'm...
  7. New to TRS, from TX

Hey, I'm new to TRS. Not so new to Rangers though. Recently picked up a 1988 Ranger GT, figured if I am going to be looking for help on here might as well register, and help others where I can along the way. A little bit about me: Live near Denton, TX (DFW Area) Mechanical Engineer for...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad