• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by RonaldBlake

1. On a 120 mile round trip my 2001 3.0 4x4 started overcharging during first 60 miles then got worse on return and then died!

I did replace the battery being it was still under warranty from the last purchase of one and it definitely did fry it and cooked it pretty bad. The replacement did still get drawn down some but only intermittently which I found odd so had been keeping on a trickle charger until I took it out...
  2. On a 120 mile round trip my 2001 3.0 4x4 started overcharging during first 60 miles then got worse on return and then died!

On a 120 mile round trip my 2001 3.0 4x4 started overcharging during the first 60 miles and then after sitting for an hour or so while at a VA medical appointment and en-route home, it got worse and ended up pegging (maxed out) the charging gauge about 40 or so miles into my return trip from the...
  3. PATS has disabled my 2001 Ranger 4x4 3.0

Sorry for the delay since my my two replies following this reply by you. My health took a down turn. I am on the mend and hopefully test for spark and fuel before too long being I am on the mend! Thanks again for your words of advice!
  4. PATS has disabled my 2001 Ranger 4x4 3.0

Hi Dirtman. Charged my battery and performed the procedure you suggested. When turn the ignition to the on/run position where the dash lights light up, it never flashed the theft light while in that position. I waited about 5 minutes but it did not start flashing at all. Upon turning the...
  5. PATS has disabled my 2001 Ranger 4x4 3.0

Thank you so much and I will get a charger on it tomorrow and check for and note the sequence.
  6. PATS has disabled my 2001 Ranger 4x4 3.0

Okay, will try to get that figured out sometime tomorrow and post back with it. So turn the key to the run position and wait for it to start flashing in sequences then?
  7. PATS has disabled my 2001 Ranger 4x4 3.0

Yes I have visually inspected all of the fuses but did not test them with a ohm meter though. This truck has a rebuilt title so I am not positive that the starter is supposed to be disabled due to the possibility of mis matched parts used when some previously revuilt the truck but the theft...
  8. PATS has disabled my 2001 Ranger 4x4 3.0

The theft light is still blinking. No, I have not tried the other things you mentioned but will test for spark with a spark tester and try to figure out where and how to listen for the fuel pump if I can do that by myself. Thank you for these suggestions to check!
  9. PATS has disabled my 2001 Ranger 4x4 3.0

I bought a 2001 Ford Ranger from a friend and before I even put 30 miles on it the security system locked it out. It is titled, registered and Insured in my name. Starter does work/crank but PATS still has fuel pump or injectors disabled or something. I only have one key and the key fob is...