• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by robotzombies

1. robotzombies

Front Wheel Bearing Sizes

I plan on taking my time. I want to make sure if things are getting sanded down, like nicks and burrs, that it's done evenly across the circumference of the spindle. Planning on sanding in intervals and doing tests fits in between sanding. Hopefully that'll get it to a point where it fits just...
  2. robotzombies

Interestingly enough, I found this thread on a classic Bronco forum where someone was using the Timken Set37 as the inner bearing for an old Bronco, and the person was having the same issue as me: https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threads/front-wheel-bearing-wont-fit-on-spindle.288436/ They had...
  3. robotzombies

Pretty sure it's not an ABS spindle, does not have any cutouts of any kind except for the keyway and the bolt holes. Current spindles aren't bad, but I wanted to get to a point where I could replace all the original stuff on the axle since I'm pretty sure most of it is actually original...
  4. robotzombies

I called Bronco Graveyard, they said that the parts should fit together, but they didn't have any manufacturing specs for the Dana spindle, unfortunately. They suggested running some sandpaper around the spindle a little bit to get them to fit, similar to franklin2's suggestion. I did find the...
  5. robotzombies

I went ahead and bought a cheap measuring caliper. Barring any margin of error from the cheapest caliper I could find, looks like the outside diameter of the spindle is 44 mm, while the inside diameter of the bearing is slightly less than 44 mm (could be user error for measurement, but even if...
  6. robotzombies

Hey everyone. I'm looking to do some wheel bearing and spindle replacement soon. In the past, I have had issues with wheel bearings not going onto the spindle very well. To the point where I have to give up and reuse old ones because the new ones just won't go on all the way. They fit into the...
  7. robotzombies

WTB: Dana 35 intermediate/outer front axles Seattle/Lynnwood/Everett

I just wanted to see if anyone arounf my area might have the front axles from a Dana 35 lying around. I keep either cracking or bending the ears trying to get the u joints out. If anyone has any spares, and has them available before wednesday, let me know how much, where you're located, and...
  8. robotzombies

1989 Bronco II Passenger Door - Edmonds, WA

Hey there, I have a passenger door that I'm hoping someone can make use of before I try sending it to the recycler. The short story is that someone broke into my truck and, in doing so, mangled the hole where the lock cylinder is. So I switched out the door, and now I have this left over. If...
  9. robotzombies

Bronco II hot start issues

1989 Bronco II XLT 2.9l manual transmission I've been having a problem lately where the truck won't start when hot. Both when the engine is hot and when the temperature outside is hot. It will pretty much always start first time in the morning; any other time, it will start, but after a couple...
  10. robotzombies

One brake light out only when headlights off

Hey everyone, I have a bit of a brake light problem. The driver's side brake light is out; the problem is that it's only out when the headlights are off. Which means that it works perfectly fine when the headlights are on. The passenger side brake light works fine, whether the headlights are...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad