• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by rkneeshaw

1. rkneeshaw

So you want a 98+ exhuast on your 94? Step in here

Most cat-back systems these days are for a 98+ ranger. The only option I could really find for my model year was a series of aluminized cat-back systems, nobody offered stainless. But there are several stainless options for the newer rangers, including the Dynomax 39315 for only $181 on...
  2. rkneeshaw

Missing under load, rought idle on startup

Had an issue with the truck running real rough for a few seconds on cold startups for the longest time. Then while driving the other day the truck starts missing, generally when the engine is under load. Just replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter with no improvement, so was moving on to spark...
  3. rkneeshaw

Removing bed, bed bolts, clips

Just an update for everyone on this topic: For my model year ranger Ford no longer makes the 2 longer bed bolts closer to the cab, you can't get them at all, and they provide no cross reference to a different part number. you can still get the rear 4 bed bolts but the current price is about...
  4. rkneeshaw

looking for cheapest cat-back exhaust

Due to a failure of the coupler between the stock cat and the rest of the exhaust system, and the missing/rotted away exhaust hangers, while on a trail ride, my stock exhaust wound up wrapped around my rear axle. So now I need a replacement. Its a 94 ranger with the 4.0, and I can't warrant...
  5. rkneeshaw

wiper governor or control module location

I searched but can't find any clear answers. I'm trying to find the wiper control module, also called an internal governor, on my 94 Ford Ranger. I've looked all under the dash and cannot seem to locate it. Does anyone have an illustration or picture of this thing?
  6. rkneeshaw

brake lights in relation to pedal movement

My truck's brake lights will come on as soon as I push my brake pedal (fine, normal), but with any movement of the pedal outward, the lights go out, and of course come back on if the pedal is pushed in again. This is different than other cars I know. Usually the brake lights will only go out...
  7. rkneeshaw

discarding manual hub o-rings/seals

So I just recently picked up some o-rings for my manual hubs, which didnt have any installed at all: Now I know the theory here is that the o-ring will keep water out of there and if you go through standing water you won't have to repack/regrease your bearings and do full hub maintenance...
  8. rkneeshaw

Ranger lean revisited

alright, I know this has been covered a million times. Get a fat girlfriend, its so the rain can roll off the roof, its the weight of the fuel tank+battery+driver, etc. But this is what doesnt make sense to me: The truck sat level when new right? These things dont come off the assembly line...
  9. rkneeshaw

tools needed for changing ball joints

On my 94 4x4 I need to change the drivers side ball joints. I understand I'll need: Ball joint press 4-prong spindle nut socket snap ring pliers But I only have wrenches and sockets up to 18mm on hand and will need to buy larger size wrenches if I need them..... Anyone know what size wrench...
  10. rkneeshaw

info on leaf springs and bushings

I have a 94 4x4 ranger and just completed swapping in leaf springs from a 2006. Along the way i've discovered some interesting things to share. First of all, all ranger leaf springs are NOT created equal. I think they are all the same length and you can get them to bolt in, but its not always...
  11. rkneeshaw

how much do drop brackets drop?

So for example, I have a JD 3" kit and I measured the brackets compared to my stock brackets and confirmed that the JD axle and radius arm drop brackets drop the axle pivot bolts and radius arms exactly 2". I'm curious, does anyone know how far a 4" kit drops the axle pivot bolts and radius...
  12. rkneeshaw

Tow hooks installed!

2 black tow hooks rated at 10,000lbs from Summit: $10 6 grade 8 bolts with washers, lock washers, and nuts: $20 New 1/2" cobalt drill bit: $20 Result: bad ass tow hooks Just a tip for everyone else: USE THE RIGHT PROCEDURE FOR DRILLING STEEL. That means low speed, cutting oil, and a...
  13. rkneeshaw

clunk when releasing brake pedal

Only happens when front hubs are locked in, but tcase not engaged. If I apply moderate to heavy brake pressure, come to a stop or near stop, and release the pedal swiftly, I feel and hear a slight clunk that seems to come from the front drivers side. Does not happen if the hubs are not locked...
  14. rkneeshaw

would a leak in the slave cylinder cause this?

94 Ranger 205k miles Replaced transmission, clutch, and slave 11 months/8k miles ago. Over the last 6 weeks I notice that when I get in the cold truck, the first release of the clutch pedal after starting the vehicle is very very light. I push the clutch pedal in again and it seems fine and...
  15. rkneeshaw

pushbutton 4wd backlighting

Anyone know if the 4x4 pushbutton switch in pre-95 rangers was ever meant to be backlit? Lots of driving at night during the winter time and I have to feel for the button, just curious if I just need to replace the bulb or get creative :)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad