• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by riverjig

1. 3 codes, smell fuel in engine bay

I have had this misfire on bank 6 for some time now. I have replaced the fuel filter, replaced spark plugs per man. spec and gapped correctly, have replaced coil pack, and wires. I now have P0305, P0306, and P0174 Its bank 5 and 6 misfire and bank 2 running too lean. My truck has no horses now...
  2. where to get original ford parts

I have searched the internet and wanted to get some opinions. Im rebuilding the interior of my 96 ranger 4.0l Is there a website that you recommend to find original parts, i.e. armrest, shifter boot cover, handle for my e break...Thanks a bunch
  3. steering pump sqeaks

my steering pump squeaks after replacing it with a new one. The instructions said the squeak would diminish after 200 miles but its still there. Should I replace it or can I pull the pulley and pack it with grease? Its a 96 ranger 4.0l
  4. Calibrating speedometer

I have a 1996 4.0 Ranger. I have 31" tires on it and the speedo isnt correct. I almost certain that the speedo is electronic. How do you calibrate it so the speed is accurate? Im trying to do a sensor bypass for the drive cycle and not having an accurate speedo is making it difficult.
  5. Heater core replacement on 1996 ranger

This is probably obvious but Im going to post it anyways. I have been on the internet a good part of the day trying to find this. After all that research, the info i needed was in my own backyard. Im replacing my heater core in my 4.0 1996 Ranger and its a pain in the ass...
  6. Cyl 6 misfire again

I have searched multiple threads and the ones that seem promising, stop without the end solution. I have a 1996 4.0 and have had multiple issues trying to get it to smog. I have replaced an o2 sensor, spark plugs and spark plug wires. After this, truck was running fine and then a code got thrown...
  7. Drive cycle for 1996 Ranger

This is to help anyone trying to complete the drive cycle for their 1996. A "Ford Technician" said there was no such thing as a cycle bypass. I was having problems finding the exact I/M test cycles to complete these parameters in order to pass a smog test. It takes 300 to 400 miles of...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad