• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ricardoguitars

1. 2.3L ('83-'97) In cabin fuel pressure gauge

I'm troubleshooting a powerloss issue that happens randomly, filter and pump are less than 2k miles old, injectors where serviced along with the pump and filter change. The issue shows for just a couple of seconds and then goes away, not a big deal, just want to know if it s fuel delivery...
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) In cabin fuel pressure gauge

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a way to install permanently a fuel pressure gauge on the dashboard on my 2.3L 1995 XL, anyone ever done this before?, I'm looking if there is a sensor that can be installed on the schrader valve on the injector rail, or perhaps something that can be added to the...
  3. Alternating grinding noise after sitting for 6 months

Hello everyone, After sitting for 6 months I took for a spin my 1995 Ranger XL 2.3 manual transmission, after a few miles this alternating grinding noise came up, it seems to be louder near the valve cover area. The oil is at level, it is not overheating, no error codes so far. Any idea what...
  4. Lowest compression before engine rebuild?

Then, looks like I still can squeeze a few 1000s of miles out of it before a rebuild (y)
  5. Lowest compression before engine rebuild?

Hi guys, My 2.3 1995 XL 5 speed manual is showing average compression on the 100 range, no oil burning yet though. What's the lowest you have seen running "ok" before it starts burning oil?. I'm using 20W50, it lives in the tropics, that's what most "old" cars use around here.
  6. Getting extra power

Agree, mine has bigger tires as well, bigger tires+bigger rims, not sure if it was lifted to make room, it looks "standard",I noticed it when I was about to replace the bald spare tire it came with from the PO, it was smaller :huh: I have to replace the shocks, so I will find out soon if...
  7. Getting extra power

Mine came with 15"s from the previous owner, it struggles on uphill takeoffs, and 5th gear makes almost no difference from 4th gear. Stick to 14"s, if I can find a set of rims at a good price, I will go back to 14"s.
  8. Dash lights flickering

Hello everyone, the dash lights in my 1995 2.3 XL started flickering at idle a few days ago, the battery is old, label says it was installed in 2015, I had forgotten to turn off the aftermarket radio a couple of times and it has ran out of juice, after recharging it works fine. Can the issue be...
  9. P0402, p1401, p1443, p1405

Hello everyone, after a long trip these 4 codes showed up, there where no codes before the trip: P0402, P1401, P1443, P1405. What could be the issue?. It is a 1995 XL 2.3 manual transmission. Cheers.
  10. Dome light for 1995 XL 2.3

Hello everyone, I need a new dome light, the bulb's socket is toasted, the stock light was rubbish anyway, I'm looking for an LED replacement, what are you guys using/recommending?
  11. P0401 and P0402 codes showed up

Hey guys, I recently fixed the P0409 code I was getting on my 95 2.3l XL, one of the wires that goes to the vacuum regulator was broken, I replaced the connector with a new one and the code didn't show anymore, but after a few miles drive I got codes P0401 and P0402, any idea what could be...
  12. What is going on here?

Two unknown hoses coming from the firewall attached to nothing, a unknown small gray hose loose, and a unknown knob attached to the A/C system. Gotta love previous owners getting creative, lol.
  13. Odometer not working

Hi guys, I recently replaced the speed sensor on my 95 XL 2.3l manual transmission, after replacing the sensor the speedometer now works, but the odometer and tripmeter still don't work, I have two sets of clusters and they don't seem to work on any of them, what should I check?. Cheers.
  14. SRS code 24

Hello everyone, the airbag light is flashing code 24, I haven't found much information about it, what does it mean?. I need to have it fixed since soon i will have to take the truck to inspection, and a airbag light on is a fault that makes it fail the inspection. The truck is a 1995 Ford Ranger...
  15. What is missing here?

Hello everyone, what is missing here?, those wires are hanging on the driver side footwell. Enviado desde mi PRA-LX2 mediante Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad