• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by RhodesCD

1. RhodesCD

How to build a 4.0 OHV for power, some limits and tips...

I had call Tony Morana & he's saying that the '98 Ranger 4.0 OHV should be able to go 40 over, you had mentioned 30 over was the max. Just trying to get a better understanding with the boring limits.
  2. RhodesCD

'98 Ranger 4.0L OHV Rebuild Boring Recommendations

What would be the max boring recommendation for a '98 Ranger 4.0L OHV Rebuild. Tony Morana says you can go 40 over but I've heard for a daily driver, you shouldn't go more the 30 over. The plan is to move up to 10:1 with custom made forged pistons. Just being safe...
  3. RhodesCD

Forged piston for a 98 4.0L ranger

what can you safely bore a '98 ranger 4.0L OHV to?
  4. RhodesCD

Forged piston for a 98 4.0L ranger

Are there forged pistons available for a 98 4.0L ranger
  5. RhodesCD

How to Improve '98 Ranger rear sway handling issue after 2 " drop?

How to Improve '98 Ranger rear sway handling issue after 2 " drop?
  6. RhodesCD

1992 / 1999 4.0 Head swap

Those monitoring aspects like air intake temp are great, but wouldn't I still need to get a programmer for tweaking the pcm to take advantage of the compression change to 10:1 with the 422 comps cam, bbk throttle, heads ported & polish with expanded exhaust ports, jba shorty headers, upper &...
  7. RhodesCD

It's an older Street Smart Design with a carbon fiber shield box, air comes in from underneath, but it isn't totally sealed
  8. RhodesCD

Gas Mileage

That make sense Dirtman, i do get your point, thanks Mines an old street smart design which has a carbon fiber heat shield around it, it pulls air from the bottom of that. With raising my compression to 10:1, the 422 cam, BBK throttle body, shorty headers, head ported & polished with exhaust...
  9. RhodesCD

98 4.0 OHV Programer Recommendations ?

My Ranger is a 1998 4.0L OHV, 5-Start just does 2001 & up unfortunately
  10. RhodesCD

Did you have to send your PCM to them, what other MODs did you do, how much HP increase did you get & how much did it cost ?
  11. RhodesCD

Any one have a recommendation on a programmer for max performance?
  12. RhodesCD

Any tips or notes on how to use the ford pcm software?
  13. RhodesCD

Does anyone have any '98 4.0L OHV Programer Recommendations for max performance ?
  14. RhodesCD

Did you also use a programmer after installing the SOHC MAF ?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad