• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by RedRanger05

1. RedRanger05

2005 ford ranger 4.0 ticking at idle… fixed

100% agree in the spring it’s getting a full tune up and that’s on my list. The oil change has been done in it every 3k miles when I had the valve cover off it looked mint.
  2. RedRanger05

The sound turned out to be a spark plug. The gap was way off so I re gaped it and threw it back in till I get new plugs. Thanks for all the help and advice on the problem.
  3. RedRanger05

I have not changed the tensioners. I am thinking about doing that as well as plugs before I jump to timing issues. I had the pan off when I did the valve cover gaskets and it was clean.
  4. RedRanger05

I had it off a few months ago to replace the valve cover gasket and everything looked good and the chain was tight. I put a mechanics stethoscope up to it and it sounded more like it was coming from the spark plug.
  5. RedRanger05

The sound was most prominent right in front of the exhaust manifold on the driver side
  6. RedRanger05

I have a 2005 ford ranger with the 4.0 I have just over 200k. It’s started making a ticking sound recently. it’s usually at idle and most of the time it’s a quiet tick. recently I was sitting at idle in park and it was much louder than usual. I know these engines have noisy valve trains and I am...
  7. RedRanger05

Mazda b 4000 torsion bars on a ranger

I have recently been told by my local parts department that Ford is discontinuing the torsion bars. I cant find any aftermarket ones in the states but I can find aftermarket ones for a b series. Has anyone ever tried this and if so do they work?
  8. RedRanger05

2005 ford ranger fx4 factory ride height

Any guidance on the factory front ride height would be much appreciated. The last dealer that had the truck cranked one of the torsion bars to overcome shock wear (I think) and I can’t seem to find anything on ride height.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad