• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by RedBowTies88

1. RedBowTies88

'95-'97 Radiators?

Thank you kindly for the link and info. I was unable to find to find that in my searching. I never expect much from chinaware either but frankly the new production plastic/alum options are just as questionable and from the same nation origins. At least with the all aluminum unit I have the...
  2. RedBowTies88

'95-'97 Radiators?

So my '95 is pushing through the 180 T-stat on warm days on the highway. No evidence currnetly of head cracking, leaks, or pump issues. I'd like to replace the original, grimey 250k Rad with an all aluminum one. I just don't think it's transferring heat well anymore plus being as old as it is...
  3. RedBowTies88

M5OD-R1 vs M5OD-R2

Well, I re checked and it it appears that I’m quite mistaken. Ugh. Still hate this gearing.
  4. RedBowTies88

M5OD-R1 vs M5OD-R2

Hmm, the literature I found previously stated that all 4.0’s 88-on had the HD. I have a 95.
  5. RedBowTies88

M5OD-R1 vs M5OD-R2

Out of curiosity, what is heavier duty in the HD as opposed to the standard r1?
  6. RedBowTies88

M5OD-R1 vs M5OD-R2

if the 3.9 R2 ratio bugs you imagine the 3.4 in the R1HD. its not a huge difference, but at this point anything would help. Cold idle is like 15mph in this frigging thing!
  7. RedBowTies88

M5OD-R1 vs M5OD-R2

They’re not any weaker than the R1HD?
  8. RedBowTies88

M5OD-R1 vs M5OD-R2

Sorry to revive a zombie thread, but... I absolutely despise the tallness of the 3.40 1st gear in my m5odr1HD (I despise the reverse even more so, but I think I'm stuck with that) so I'm considering options to remedy. It seems pretty plain from this thread that a R2 swap isn't feasible, and...
  9. RedBowTies88

D35 TTB LSD Options? Lockers?

Thanks! You're fairly positive that the truetrac will fit with only minor issues? I don't want to seem dismissive or ungrateful, I just want to be as sure as I can be before I spend $500 on a carrier. I'm as good on a grinder as the next guy, but I don't have machine equipment. I've seen the...
  10. RedBowTies88

Hopefully he can chime in. Bump.
  11. RedBowTies88

No worries man, that's still some really good info. Thanks!
  12. RedBowTies88

Much like your experience I can say with certainty that no shop in this area has enough (If any) experience with a TTB setup to know what carriers will and will not fit. It's impossible to get someone at Eaton and after 20 minutes on hold (twice) with Yukon I gave up. Neither has answered my...
  13. RedBowTies88

Does the 28 Spline 8.8 require C-clips also? Planning on running a TruTrac in the rear and I've never dealt with a c-clip differential. I've just done suzuki's and some bigger free float stuff. Thanks. EDIT: Just though of this... How do you pull the 3rd member of a TTB if the axles are held...
  14. RedBowTies88

Thanks for the link, but am well versed in the working of each type (and sub types therein). My issue is compatibility. Nothing really is showing compatibility with the TTB D35. I've read reports of people using jeep d35 carriers, and other reports of them not working. The big manufactures...
  15. RedBowTies88

Hi everyone. Going to be regearing my '95 4.0 manual and I would ideally like to be able to find an LSD that'll fit/work in the d35TTB. I've read a lot of varied and conflicting info about what works/doesn't work. I don't want to get into as big of a project of SASing or D44 swapping. Going to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad