• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Red_Rider_00

1. Red_Rider_00

Losing oil pressure

:bawling:My 01 3.0 is showing about 40psi at 60mph and between 0 and 20 at idle. I figure it's a broken shaft between the camshaft position synchronizer and the oil pump. I don't know how to time an engine so will I be able to install this myself and expect it to run? How hard is it to get the...
  2. Red_Rider_00

maf sensor

I recently installed a radiator from a 5.0 lincoln navigator into my '01 ranger and I'm wondering if maybe I can also use the MAF sensor off the 5.0 on my 3.0 to increase air flow?
  3. Red_Rider_00

stutters badly over 3,000 rpm

'01 3.0 with K&N fipk cold air intake, jet module, poweraide throttle body spacer, cat-back straight pipe(no muffler). Engine bogs down under hard xceleration or even when overdrive downshifts in high gear. Basically, over 3,000 rpm it seems to miss, although new plugs & wires & coil pack &...
  4. Red_Rider_00

new from Knoxville,TN.

Hello all. I am the proud owner of a 2001 Ford Ranger XLT. My truck is driven daily and from jobsite to jobsite. My last 3 jobs were in Little Rock, Dallas and Birmingham. Lots of mileage. I pride myself on doing almost all the work on my truck. I love this site and visit here every day. I...
  5. Red_Rider_00

coolant temperature sending unit

2001 XLT 3.0 flex fuel automatic. Check engine light caused me to code read which said ctsu or ct switch. Replaced both, light still comes on. So then went ahead and upgraded to Summit water temp gauge which came with it's own sending unit which goes in place of factory unit. I ran a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad