• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Rearanger

1. 3.0 hard starting, no power

Since you've verified no CAT blockage I would concentrate on fuel pressure. It should not take several cycles to build pressure. When did you last change fuel filter? I would also confirm compression as one of those basic checks.
  2. misfire 4th gear, 65mph, full throttle

Codes, scan data?
  3. Rich bank 2 and 1, Bank 2 is worse. I have a LTFT of around 29%

You should have said "God bless CORPORATE America profits." I think God wants us to support China given the amount of products our "patriotic" corporate leaders have them manufacture.
  4. Rich bank 2 and 1, Bank 2 is worse. I have a LTFT of around 29%

Where was the borescope made?
  5. Rich bank 2 and 1, Bank 2 is worse. I have a LTFT of around 29%

Rich bank 2 and 1, Bank 2 is worse. I have a LTFT of around 29% Just to clarify. Do you mean +29% or -29%? A rich condition would show computer subtracting fuel = -29%.
  6. End of my Rope

7. Leak woes! Need help please!

It appears that the OP did allow the original shop ample opportunity to make good - "Still leaks!!!" An affidavit should not be a problem as a short note on the repair receipt would suffice. What I find is most people are afraid to seek damages from small claims and just eat the shop's...
  8. Leak woes! Need help please!

Yea, that's a competent shop. The OP has the legal right to go to another shop (does he really want to stick with this one?) and get this fixed right, AND sue for the money spent on the leaks not fixed. Looks like he's given them enough of a chance to make it right.
  9. Leak woes! Need help please!

Take the shop to small claims court to get your money back. Small claims is easy and cheap, no lawyer required. Make sure you document evidence to present in court, pictures, paperwork etc.
  10. 2002 3.0L 4WD starter question

Testing a battery after just running the engine will give a false assessment. You need to wait several hours. Have you considered a parasitic drain? Starter should be accessible from below.
  11. 2004 Ranger: Do the fuel pumps come in two different sizes?

That's why I stay away from FleaBay. I've never had a problem with Amazon even if the seller is a jerk.
  12. Gear Oil Weight?

That's what I'm thinking. Got 4 qrts of the oil for free, don't want to waste it.
  13. Gear Oil Weight?

Search did not succeed. I have some Valvoline 75w-90 full synthetic gear oil with slip aditive. Manual calls for 80w-90 in differential, but lots of talk about the 75w-90 being perfectly OK. I have 7.5 gears. Any knowledgeable advise? Thanks
  14. Camshaft Syncro Position and TDCC

Sorry to get back so late as I was out of town. The "poor Quality" were machining chips in the sealed plastic bag the syncro came in. They were not cleaned off prior to packaging. As well the reaming, which normally should leave an accurate smooth surface was very rough. I ended up emailing...
  15. 3.0 Doesn't Get Up To Operating Temp After Coolant Flush

I set my temp switch using an installed digital gauge and sender to replace the basic factory gauge. So when the rad outlet temp gets to my 195* setting the fan comes on. You could use the ECT sensor reading that I think you said your scanner can do. Start with low temp and work your way up for...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad