• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by rdsrds123

1. Replacing the insturment cluster on a 2007 Ranger

Hello, I need to replace the instrument cluster on my 2007 Ranger. It has a tach. I contacted a place called the instrument cluster store and they have one. However, they say that it is not a simple plug in procedure, and that it needs to go to a dealer to do this. Is this so, and is there...
  2. Engine bucking and kicking then wont run. No ck engine light

4 cyl 2.3 2007 5-speed. A aStarted all of a sudden. Started gradually and got worse then would not run at all. No check engine light. I changed the fuel filter as the old one was very old. No change. Seems like a fuel starvation problem. Any suggestions guys?
  3. Wacked-out check engine light

My ck engine light comes on and the speedometer drops to zero and the temp gauge dies and the tire pressure monitoring system comes on and intermittantly starts flashing--all at the same time. The engine will run fine, but once I turn it off it will not restart. The tires need no air. I took it...
  4. Need bolt size for replacing outside door handle

Hi, got this new handle from Parts Geek in one day! I know to drill out the rivits but I need new bolts and do not know the size. Anyone know? Thanks!
  5. Cellphone charging port is dead. 2007 Ranger

Hi, my 2007 Ranger 4 cylinder recently got the problem of a dead cellphone charging port in the dash. I checked and found a fuse blown. Don't know why it blew. I think it is number 34 or 35, in the passenger kick panel. I checked for power to the fuse and it was there, so I replaced the fuse...
  6. 1985 cab-chassis axle ratio?

HI, I just bought a 85 Ranger motorhome and don't have it home yet. I think this is built on a cab chassis and a 2.8 five speed. Seems to have a luxurious interior, somewhat. Any idea what the rear axle ratio might be. I looked at EPA fuel figures, and this is the lowest of all Rangers listed...
  7. 1983 Ranger Scamp motorhome

1985 Ranger Scamp motorhome https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17554018_1899196420364499_4634706003914125949_n.jpg?oh=86ad2259ff14bff6154929f67fcf7e4e&oe=595EF079 Hello folks! I want to show you all my new-to-me 1985 Ranger Scamp motorhome. I hope this link works. If it doesn't...
  8. Just bought an '85 with the 2.8. Need information on this engine

Hi, I just bought a Ranger custom Motorhome with a Scamp camper built onto the back. I'll post pics when I actually get it home. It's in Wisconsin and I am in Baltimore. It has the 2.8 and 57k miles. Can some folks chime in and let me know about this engine. I know it was first available in the...
  9. 1985 Ranger floor pans...Need new ones

HI, I'm buying a 85 ranger that is a motorhome. It's called a Scamp, it's in Wisconsin. It had a leak in the windshield and water got in and settled in the floor pan on the driver's side. No apparent damage except the floor pan needs to be replaced. My question is this: what is the best floor...
  10. Oil switch location/ broke down on side of road

Don't see why it couldn't still be a stuck switch, but the say they did troubleshoot it. I've found some switches that sound warnings for low pressure with a fudge. I'd have to run several wires though. For now Ill do nothing.
  11. Oil switch location/ broke down on side of road

Got a call from the shop. They say I have good pressure, but there is a short in the dash cluster. Two hours to remove it and probably then needs to be replaced. I think I should install an under dash pressure gauge of some kind, but then I would not have a light. What should I do?
  12. Oil switch location/ broke down on side of road

Yes, all else is well. Oil level good and no engine noises. I hit a bump and the light came on. Couldn't risk driving, so it was towed to a shop. They are looking at it now. I saw a switch near the filter, looked good, but is exposed to water and salt. Advanced Auto has few...
  13. Oil switch location/ broke down on side of road

Hi, I hit a bump and my oil light came on. 2007, 2.3. Might be a false reading. All else is good. Could this be a symptom of a bad switch? I see the switch near the oil filter. I there another one some other place? Thanks!
  14. Can my Ranger carry a slide-in camper?

Hi, I've got the idea that I might want one of those slide-in campers, but I don't know if my Ranger can actually carry it. I've got a 2007 5-spd 2.3 with 3.73 rear end. I've got the short bed, and the camper in question may fit it. I'm not sure how much it weighs, but probably 1200# at least...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad