• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by rat_ranger

1. rat_ranger

STOTM at a dealership

yep with the brakes and brazillians. I got a good enough trade in it wasnt worth messing with taking anything off.
  2. rat_ranger

STOTM at a dealership

I got a crew cab 2007 F150. I needed more space and a bit more towing capacity. I was in Oklahoma at first, but then got stationed in germany, then came to el paso from germany. Deployed and recently got back to el paso from that.
  3. rat_ranger

STOTM at a dealership

So I traded in my ranger, its got everything on it but the stereo. I dont know if anyone would be interested but its at viva ford in el paso tx. pics of it are at my cardomain.
  4. rat_ranger

How long has it taken you to lower your truck?

took me 2 days. but I also changed the headlights, blacked the tails, converted to cobra brakes, added a lip spoiler and short throw during that time frame.
  5. rat_ranger

new need some help

4/5 works fine. i have 285/30r20 in the back and my dad drove it 700 miles with a ducati 748 in the bed.
  6. rat_ranger

MPG ?'s

My 03 is lowered 4/5, is a standard and has some WIDE tries on the back, and on the highway will get me around 30mpg if I stay between 70-75mph. the rear tires are 225/30r20s, and I checked my speedo against GPS and a speeding ticket so its pretty darn close. I got 35mpg once, still not sure...
  7. rat_ranger

Let's see what's out there....

It looks like the xenon lightening bumper for a ranger.
  8. rat_ranger

Props to Brian @ Illusive...

he is a great guy to buy from. very smart on what works and what doesnt. Just watch out for supersize speed bumps, I am dropped 4/5 and never have a problem except when I run into the giant speedbumps, which army posts love.
  9. rat_ranger

Front Suspenison Swap

There is alot of talk about the 85-94 toyota truck clip. they have better geometry and alot of support to lay frame with them. check it out on RPS. They are aparently pretty simple to swap in if you are careful and can weld.
  10. rat_ranger

lowering questions

hanger flip doesnt change travel, and it rides pretty good with it. I highly reccomend the mini notch to get your travel back. the lower you go the closer to the frame the axle gets. thats what the mini notch is for.
  11. rat_ranger

Looking to drop 4/5 On 95 Ranger, QUESTIONS

find a set of factory splash springs, they were lowered 1in from the factory. and with that much drop in the rear you will probably want a mini notch. blocks you can get from about anywhere.
  12. rat_ranger

questions about bagging the rear of a ranger

check out the adjustable suspension section on rangerpowersports.com they have lots of info. and from reading the KP kit does not have an air system with it. so you would need a switchbox, valves, airline, tank, and compressor.
  13. rat_ranger

Looks that DONT kill...

mustang bullitt. classic lines, good looks, cheaply available as removed from mustangs. available in 17-20s depending on your likes, as well as tire preference. I suggest 17 for cost of tires, 20s cost a bit.
  14. rat_ranger

traction bars for a lowered ranger?

Just what I was going to say. lakewoods. simple, reliable.
  15. rat_ranger

Hello im doing it!! help though?

check out illusivefabrication, he is a member on here and a very good person to deal with on buying parts. th 3/4 drop will look good, and allow you to dve withou worying aout getting a tire into th fender. For the rear being mushy a set of good shocks will help but the flip kit will not...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad