• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Rangstang

1. Rangstang

2003 Edge Idle Surges and Stalls with AC ON

This started about 3 months ago. No CEL, but when truck is at IDLE with AC ON, it will start to drop and then surge after 10 seconds or so and progressively the idle will go lower each cycle and eventually stalls. I have not changed any parts as of this point. Any ideas?
  2. Rangstang

2003 Ranger Edge ABS issue

Recently bought the truck, ABS fully functional. Swapped in a spindle lift from my 2000 Ranger Trailhead (non-ABS truck) which I was getting rid of. I left the rotors on the spindles since it was easier and since I just repacked the bearings, it was a bonus. Initially, I tied the ABS sensors...
  3. Rangstang

2003 Ranger 3.0L Cuts Out around 3000 RPM

Let me start out by saying that I went down a long dark road during the journey leading up to this, so this one requires a lot of reading... I have two 2003 Ranger Edge 3.0L trucks. One is at AT, one a MT. I wanted to swap the transmissions between the trucks, so needless to say I swapped all...
  4. Rangstang

PS/AC Bracket for 2003 3.0 Ranger

Will need including shipping charges to 85208 residential address in Mesa, AZ. Thanks.
  5. Rangstang

Weight and/or mileage difference standard or extended cab

I've never been a fan of the extended cabs, but in Arizona, it's getting to be near impossible to find a standard cab 3.0L 5 speed 2WD that's not a complete turd. There seem to be many more extended cabs available, so I'm getting to a point where I'm thinking about doing one if the mileage...
  6. Rangstang

Engine/Starter Block Plate 3.0 5 Speed

Bought a 2003 Edge 2WD that's missing the block plate. Oddly, the starter doesn't grind at all, but if it's supposed to have it... * Found via the web that apparently they are interchangeable from 1994 through 2008 all 3.0L manuals.
  7. Rangstang

3.0L Heavy Oil Leak at Rear of Engine

Hello everyone! I'm a long time Ranger owner, so I recently added a 2003 Edge 5 speed for my son to drive. Noticed it had a pretty serious leak coming off the bottom of the bell housing when I bought it, but figured a quick rear main seal replacement would take care of it. When I got the...
  8. Rangstang

2000 Ranger 5.0 V8 stalled - please help

My 2000 Ranger 2WD with 5.0L Explorer motor stalled when my wife was driving home. Turns over fine, but sounds like it isn’t firing. Could smell gas, so I decided to check timing. Timing light indicated that the cam position sensor was functioning and hadn’t slipped, as well as the timing...
  9. Rangstang

Excessive Pedal Travel To Brake on 99 Ranger

Truck was hit in front while sitting in the street by a neighbor with a Honda Accord. My 99 Ranger coil spring truck with spindle lift kit was hit on the driver corner mostly fascia and directly on the tire while the Honda was still accelerating (likely drinking involved). Here's a pic of the...
  10. Rangstang

Anyone know how to get the correct part number?

I've got a 2000 Ranger that I swapped in a 5.0L V8 into. I need to determine the right part number of temperature sending unit that feeds the gauge. I know I can use the OEM 5.0 unit, but I've already tossed it and need a new one. Problem is that every application lists two temperature...
  11. Rangstang

PATs Issue

I think I really messed up. I've got a 2000 Ranger that I did a 5.0L swap on recently. I've been trying to troubleshoot a miss for 4 weeks now. In my frustration, I finally decided to try another PCM. Initially I tried to start it and it would only turn over, but it wouldn't start (injectors...
  12. Rangstang

NEED HELP Engine Misfire on 2000 Ranger 5.0L V8

ADDED A COMPLETE UPDATE ON PAGE 2 SO NO ONE NEEDS TO READ EVERYTHING STEP BY STEP. I've done 3 Ranger v8 swaps over the last 6 years prior to this one with no issues, but this one is proving challenging. Although, this is the first time I've used the long block from a Mustang instead of an...
  13. Rangstang

Anyone have experience programming new keys to the PCM?

I have an SBB V33.02 programmer that I bought like 3 months ago (from overseas). I was able to successfully reprogram new keys on my 2005 Civic, but was unable to just add a key. Now I am trying to reprogram new keys on my 99 Ranger and can't get it to program new keys or add a key either...
  14. Rangstang

99 3.0 gets poor mileage

Hi, I bought the truck last spring cheap, but totaled. It was running good, so I didn't look it over as good as I should. When I got it home, I checked the codes and noticed an EGR related code, so I cleared them and noticed that the O2 system was immediately "OK", not "INC" like usual. I...
  15. Rangstang

99 Ranger Airbag Code "35"

Truck was already wrecked when I bought it with airbags deployed. I replaced the airbags on the 99 Ranger with a pair from a 96 Explorer. I did not replace the crash sensors. The RCM was showing a "19" code which means the memory is full (due to the airbags deploying). I had a friend with a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad