• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by RangerXtraLettuceTomato

1. RangerXtraLettuceTomato - Project : Turbo Powa! Ranger

Thanks for your reply! I do believe it’s a Borg IHI turbo and sure I’ll measure and post as soon as I get some time. As far as power goals, the plan was to just complete the necessary maintenance and get it swapped in. I was hoping to make around 250-300whp on the stock block for now. However, I...
  2. RangerXtraLettuceTomato - Project : Turbo Powa! Ranger

Or would this be a better option... https://www.stinger-performance.com/store/mg-60-telorvek-kit
  3. RangerXtraLettuceTomato - Project : Turbo Powa! Ranger

Thanks for your reply! After some more research I've decided to with a Microsquirt ECU. From what i can understand, this should be more than enough for my goals. I am now looking into my wiring harness now. Based on what I've read it may be better to go with this...
  4. RangerXtraLettuceTomato - Project : Turbo Powa! Ranger

Based on what I’ve read, it seemed as though the 87-88 TBird swap was the best way to go in terms of “level of difficulty”, performance, reliability and cost. If I remember correctly, I read that the block has factory forged pistons and a better flowing head with a larger combustion chamber...
  5. RangerXtraLettuceTomato - Project : Turbo Powa! Ranger

Hey thanks! It’s nice to finally get a reply around here! Here’s some pictures of the engine:
  6. RangerXtraLettuceTomato - Project : Turbo Powa! Ranger

Hello everyone, The project begins! I received a call today from the shipping company to schedule my "new old" engine for delivery tomorrow. So exciting!!! I will be sure to post pictures tomorrow. I also ordered an 8.8 Ford Explorer 3.73 rear axle that is expected to be here Friday. As I've...
  7. Hello Everyone!

Hello everyone! I purchased a 1997 Ford Ranger back in September to use as a work vehicle primarily. However, I'm a car guy sooooo.....Long story short I have a 87-88 Thunderbird 2.3L Turbo engine on the way....YAY!!!! I come from all things JDM, i.e., Hondas, Toyotas and Nissans for the most...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad