• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by rangertodd

1. Apparent loss of oil pressure '99 3.0

Looking to get some advice here. I'm not sure which way to handle this oil pressure issue I'm having. The oil pressure of my '99 Ranger 3.0 dropped to zero while I was driving. My first thought was cam position sensor, as it is pretty infamous for breaking. However I never had any whining...
  2. Quick fitment question: 1992 4wd wheels on a 99 2wd

I just got a good deal on a set of '92 4WD Ranger aluminum wheels: http://images.craigslist.org/3k53p63l45V15U45P1a4reeb5ed040c17154d.jpg They need a good cleaning, but are in otherwise excellent condition. I'd like to use them on my '99 2WD Ranger as a summer replacement for the stock steel...
  3. Need help with charging problem

Does the 3.0 liter engine in a '99 Ranger have a voltage regulator seperate from the alternator, or is it all one unit? Details: I've got a voltage issue with my '99 3.0 2wd Ranger. Sometimes when I start it up the battery light comes on and the voltage reads very low on the volt gauge. It...
  4. Best muffler under $50 for sound?

I'm looking for a nice sounding muffler to replace my stock 3.0 muffler, on a shoe-string budget! It's got to be a chambered muffler, no straight-thrus, available at the box stores like Auto Zone and VIP, sound really good (for its price, of course), and fit into the stock position (side in...
  5. Will this fit in my Ranger?

I'm looking at a 12' aluminum v-hull row boat for fishing. It doesn't have a trailer, so I was thinking of carrying it in the bed of my '99 shortbox until I can get a trailer for it. The bed is 6', but the tailgate should add another foot to the end, giving me 5' of overhang. Ever done this...
  6. Tow ball questions

I need a tow ball for my '99 Ranger. I'm looking for a regular ball to mount on the hole in the bumper. I'm not planning to tow anything heavier than a 14' aluminum boat so I'm sure the bumper will be fine. But where do I get a tow ball? And what size should I get? I can get a reese hitch...
  7. differences between '99 and 2k 3.0?

Hey everybody, I'm a ranger newbie looking for my first truck. I've been lurking the forums trying to gain as much insight as I can to make an informed purchase. Right now I'm looking at a '99 XLT 2wd 3.0 with a 5-speed. Looking at the engine ratings page got me puzzled. Why does the '99...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad