• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by RangerRyan50

1. 1994 Ranger XLT Driver Side Lock Stuck

My lock has been stuck on my ‘94 for a few years and I am sick of getting in the passenger side and reaching across to unlock the door. If I use the door handle from inside the truck it will unlock, but it will not unlock with the key. I tried the WD-40 trick and it did not work. The handle also...
  2. A4LD Questions - Missing Bolt and a few other questions.

Update: the second and third photo got switched around.
  3. A4LD Questions - Missing Bolt and a few other questions.

Okay so 3 questions: 1. ⁠What is the missing screw I point to in the first photo? Would this be a band adjustment screw that came loose and fell out? 2. ⁠What is the steel line pointing down? Is this a transmission line that broke? Or is it supposed to be like that? 3. ⁠Is the hinge...
  4. HELP! Added Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner… Now my truck is not accelerating properly when pressing the gas.

Could this be a possible reason for my shifting/power loss above 2500rpm issues? Or would this be unrelated
  5. HELP! Added Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner… Now my truck is not accelerating properly when pressing the gas.

Called one transmission guy and he said that A4LDs are great transmissions. He’s had a shop in my area for 35 years and has great reviews. He said try the fluid and filter change as it could be a possible cause
  6. HELP! Added Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner… Now my truck is not accelerating properly when pressing the gas.

You know anything about the A4LD trannys? I posted a thread in the transmission section as mine is having some problems
  7. HELP! Added Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner… Now my truck is not accelerating properly when pressing the gas.

For replacing the filler neck do you need to remove the bed? If not I may try replacing it. If you do, I’ll wait for the fuel pump to fail on me lol!
  8. HELP! Added Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner… Now my truck is not accelerating properly when pressing the gas.

Lol I definitely should have added it first… and will watch to make sure no fuel is leaking when I fill up next (once I get my lovely transmission working right 🥲) If you have any trans info for A4LDs, I posted a thread under the trans section. And well hopefully those fairies will help me this...
  9. HELP! Added Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner… Now my truck is not accelerating properly when pressing the gas.

I identified it to be the fuel injector cleaner I added in. Same color and smell. Stumped on how this leaked out and gasoline didn’t though. Nothing on the filler neck at all. Looks like it came from where the filler neck attaches to the fuel tank.
  10. HELP! Added Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner… Now my truck is not accelerating properly when pressing the gas.

I wiped it off and havent seen anything since. I figured out it was the fuel injector cleaner I added but I’m stumped on how it came out where the filler neck connects to the fuel tank and gasoline didn’t… wasn’t anything on the filler neck. Had another bottle of injector cleaner and compared...
  11. A4LD Transmission Problem

I noticed that it does it while in both overdrive and the normal drive gear. Have not tried in 1&2. Also when I accelerate under 2500rpm, it shifts fine but it does have sort of hard shifts in 1st and 2nd gear. Could this possibly be the fluid or is there likely a worse problem?
  12. A4LD Transmission Problem

I must update that I tested it in normal drive setting and it was still doing it. Feels like it is 2nd and 3rd gear doing it when I am pressing the throttle above 2500rpm. I did not test if it does this in higher gears yet.
  13. A4LD Transmission Problem

The oil is at the proper level and I plan on doing a pan drop fluid change today + adding a pan with a drain plug so I can do it once more after. The fluid does not appear to be burnt/dark brown but is definitely a light brown color. How would I check for a vacuum leak?
  14. A4LD Transmission Problem

Not sure if my Transmission is Slipping in 2nd gear while in over drive? 1994 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0. My transmission just started feeling like it may be slipping in 2nd gear overdrive when I throttle above 2500 RPM. (I have not checked to see if this happens in normal drive yet but will update in...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad