• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by RangerRyan

1. RangerRyan

Bad TFI module?

Hi, guys so last night I changed all my radiator hose, replaced the thermostat, and cleaned the engine with that spray shit. Now I can start it up have it run for about 5 minutes then it will run really rough and die. I can restart it but it still runs rough then dies. Before I go tearing out my...
  2. RangerRyan

Bad MPG

Went to fill up the bronco today. I calculated it out and I'm only getting 8MPG. With a 3" BL, 32" tires, stock axles, stock gears and the stock 2.8 does this sound right? I really only drive it to school then to work and back which is only a couple miles of 35mph speed. I am really curious if...
  3. RangerRyan

Welding.

Hey guys, I'm in the market for a welder. I have welded before but I've only used the welders we have at school(regular run of the mill Lincoln Electric arc welders). I was wondering what the best welder with a regular home plug was. I want to be able to weld on 1/4inch steel. I don't care if I...
  4. RangerRyan

Rangerryan's "old blue" DD build

I bought a 1988 ford ranger 2wd a couple years ago from an old couple, who would drive it from Alaska to Oregon and back. We'll they got an anniversary present from their son which was a new truck and they sold the ranger to me for $800. Here's how she started. I replaced the old rusted out...
  5. RangerRyan

Kony 2012

http://vimeo.com/37119711 Some of you may not care but this is a very good film and has a good message.
  6. RangerRyan

Coil lift questions

Hi, guys I am currently rebuilding my 2wd ranger into a mild travel but mostly stock looking ranger. My question is that what should I run for a 2" lift in the front. Here are my 4 options Jeep coils, spacers, EB coils(which I'm not sure if they will fit) or ranger 2" leveling coils. This is a...
  7. RangerRyan

Looks like the curse is not only for the STOTM.

I just wrecked my ranger on black ice coming home from Portland today. My GF and I are fine. As far as the ranger I couldn't have wreck it any better. The only thing I did was smash the Left side and wrapped the bumper around the frame but the frame looks straight so no totaling. I'll post pics...
  8. RangerRyan

4 speed 4x4

I found this http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/2725741909.html It would make a good parts truck for everything I need to finish the 302 swap. I'm just afraid of the 4 speed. Is the clutch hard to swap and will it fit?
  9. RangerRyan

Hunting Season Pics

This was my first buck. The skull is mounted in my room. It doesn't look very big but in person the antlers are pretty big for a fork.
  10. RangerRyan

You might go to a redneck school if....

It's way to expensive for me now in Oregon. Last year it was $50 for elk tags and License. Now it's over $100. Usually we either skip school or leave in the morning and comeback before school starts, which is at least 3 hours of good hunting. Then after school you go for an afternoon hunt.
  11. RangerRyan

DIY paint jobs questions.

I am looking into how to paint a car. I really hate the rattle can tan on my bronco. Don't mind the tan but it just looks ugly in my opinion. Also paint is pealing off the hood of my truck. So I've looked this up and I know I need a paint gun, an air compressor, a lot of sand paper, primer...
  12. RangerRyan

Blown 393 stroker Yes or no?

I was thinking about a future drag rig. Would putting a blower on a 393 stroker be a bad idea? I don't know if the stroker kit will weaken the engine or not?
  13. RangerRyan

302 b2 vs 460 bronco

Hey guys, my friend and I were joking around. We are both doing an engine swap in our broncos. Mine a bronco 2 with (soon to be) 302, his a second gen '79 bronco with (soon to be) 460 in it. Now the bet was who would win. I think mine because I have a lot less weight. He thinks his because of...
  14. RangerRyan

Driveshaft questions.

I am in the process of rebuilding a 302 out of 1974 ford maverick. I am going to buy the d35 and explorer 8.8 from a friend for $300 and I was planning on buying a m50d-r2 with the stock f150 transfer case. I already know I have to shorten the drive shafts. My question is what mods do I have to...
  15. RangerRyan

I love it when all people can use is acronyms!

I swear every time I get in an argument with someone about fords, all they can come back with is acronyms for ford. Am I the only one that gets a little annoyed at this! :icon_rofl: I mean don't get me wrong I don't have anything against chevy or dodges. I'll never willingly drive one but yeah.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad